Chapter 50

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOU HAVE TO READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, OR ELSE YOU WILL MISS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION I WILL BE GIVING YOU. AGAIN, IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, OR ELSE YOU WILL BE MISSING VITAL INFORMATION. OTHER THAN THAT, ENJOY!*

*Trigger Warning: Scenes of blood, violence, death, etc. Don't read if triggering.*

- S a n t i n o  R u s s o -

Pretending to be unconscious is probably the best decision I've ever made as my eyes opened the barest bit so that I could see what was happening.

Through the corner of my eyes, I saw Samantha at the top of the stairs, holding a long ass katana in her hand. She barely spared me a glance, and when she did, I already knew what she wanted me to do.

Although my body was on high alert, I maintained my limp form as I saw her jump off three stories to the first floor, effectively slicing off Quinn's - the Spanish Mafia's second-in-command - head.

The moment blood started spurting out of the wound, I made my move. Amara let out a raw, petrified scream as I pulled her back, using my own body to protect her while I pushed her onto the floor.

Amara's eyes were wide when I looked into her eyes, and I knew that the events that are happening are finally registering into her poor brain. Honestly, I feel really bad for Amara. She really just showed up at the right place but at the wrong time.

"Sant-tino." she stammered, looking at me with wide, fearful eyes.

"Don't worry." I hushed her, "You'll be fine. I'll make sure of it."

Obviously, I wasn't sure of it. With the way Miguel was wildly firing off bullets at everything and everyone, I had no idea how the hell any of us were going to get a clear shot of him without getting hurt or injured on the way.

Elena obviously won't do anything that could hurt her to protect her unborn baby.

Salvino was probably too injured to do anything.

Alicia doesn't have the skills needed to line up the shot.

The kids are obviously of no use... Where are they anyway? Oh well, who cares. I'm sure Samantha and Salvino hid them away properly.

As for me? I had a younger sister to deal with, which meant that only Samantha would be able to get a chance to actually kill him.

That means that we'll have to find a way to give her an opening.

On the ground laying on top of Amara with my forearms right beside her head, I glanced back to see Samantha's alert body behind a wall, Salvino at her side as she helped him stay steady.

Elena and Alicia were nowhere to be seen, but if I were to make an educated guess, I'd predict that they were with Rosy, Alessandro, and Alessia, protecting them from harm. If the noise and chaos from upstairs was anything to go by, I had no doubt that they were managing themselves just fine. Samantha wouldn't leave them otherwise.

Samantha gave me a barely perceptible nod from the wall, her sword still dripping with Quinn's blood.

Yeah, she was basically telling me to run and that she'd handle it herself with Salvino.

"Amara." I murmured so quietly, I barely even heard my own voice. Miguel suddenly stopped firing, looking for all of us to not waste any of his precious bullets. The bullets he would definitely need if he wanted to survive the night.

Amara's ears twitched ever so slightly, and I knew she heard me.

"Yeah?" she mouthed, trying to act all calm and cool when I knew that she was freaking out inside.