B14

- A m a r a R u s s o -

"So... what happened last night?" Santino asked.

"Hell." Salvestro deadpanned.

Salvatore sent Salvestro a side glance, something that caused me to almost start giggling.

It seemed that Salvestro was extremely tired. Unsurprising.

"Why don't you go to sleep." Salvatore suggested. "You've been up all night and more. You are not in the best mood right now. I can tell them everything that went down, and also my side of the story with Alicia."

"You sure?"

When Salvatore nodded his head, Salvestro did not skip a beat. Without hesitating, Salvestro was out of his seat, stumbling out of the dining room towards the staircase.

"Stella!" Salvatore barked.

"Yes, Salvatore?" she answered immediately, coming out of the kitchen.

"Can you please make sure that Salvestro is okay? Do a small check up on him, if that's okay with you."

Stella frowned. "I can't right now. But I can ask Ophelia?"

Salvatore narrowed his eyes, suspicion creeping into his orbs before he slowly gave a dip of agreement.

"Fine," he conceded. "But any funny stuff? And she's out."

"I'll tell her that." Stella said, and scurried out of the room.

I raised a brow, but didn't say anything. I seriously doubted that she was too busy to help tend to Salvestro. But who am I to judge? I wanted the two of them to get together too.

"Anyway, let's start." Salvatore sighed, turning towards us. "I'll say the story first, and only after I finish do you get to ask questions. Got it?"

All three of us feverishly nodded our heads, body tense and alert. Sandeo on the other hand was minding his own business, stuffing his face with French toast and maple syrup.

"Right, so the original plan was for me to pretend that I kicked Alicia out of the house and sent her to one of the safe houses under my name." Salvatore started. "That plan went to shit when Salvestro got a phone call from one of our men, saying that there were multiple people coming in black cars going straight for the house Alicia and Rosy were in.

"Salvestro and I knew that there wouldn't be enough time to use Plan A, which is why we moved to Plan B. Plan B was that we didn't pretend we still didn't know anything about Alicia telling us.

"The people in the cars coming straight towards the house showed that they knew that Alicia said something, and were planning to either assassinate or kidnap her and Rosy. Which meant that we couldn't do Plan A as that was too time consuming." He finished with the first part of the story, inhaling a deep breath.

"How many cars?" Santino asked. "Or, how many people in total?"

"There were two cars, 10 men." Salvatore answered immediately. "Quite a big number, considering the only target or targets were Alicia and Rosy, both of them untrained in the art of self-defence and offence attacks."

"Why were there that many people though?" Salvino countered.

"Because they knew that we knew and would be coming to help Alicia." he replied. "And we did come. Just a few seconds too late."

"What do you mean?" I blurted.

"Alicia was badly injured by the time we got there, unable to fend off all of her attackers even if we gave her a heads up of the men coming for her. It was an unfair fight from the start."