Prologue

"Run, lady!" a girl shouted. The woman seemed to only be in her twenties as she shouted for Amelia to run and to not look back. 

"I- I can't!" 

"Fucking run, you idiot!" the girl growled through gritted teeth, blocking a punch sent flying to her face. "Do you think I'm invincible or some shit?"

"I told you! I-"

"Just run!" the girl ordered, her face red with anger and frustration. 

Although the girl was younger than Amelia by years, she still intimidated Amelia. This girl was not only an experienced fighter, but her eyes held no warmth. 

Scrambling up from her vulnerable position, Amelia started running, past corridors and halls as she held her still flat stomach, her pregnancy test stick held firmly in her hands.

No one noticed the stick as she ran past the rooms of five brothers, each young in their own right as they whimpered at the scene unfolding. 

It was middle of August, and Amelia had come to the mansion to tell the girl's father that he had gotten her pregnant. She expected for it to go smoothly and for him to state that he would be providing her the money for abortion. After all, the pregnancy was a complete accident. A one-night stand when she had gotten drunk. 

What she didn't expect however, was for the man to be drunk when she arrived, trying to murder her then and there. Fortunately, a woman had stopped him. If Amelia guessed, she thinks that that woman was most likely a guard of some sort. 

The entire place was filled with them.

Stopping, Amelia panted, glancing in between the girl and the man who were still fighting each other. When the girl saw her hesitating, she quite literally hissed, and that was the only push Amelia needed to start running and to not look back as she flew down the steps of the mansion and into her car. 

Putting the car in drive, she stepped onto the gas pedal, the metal gates letting her out with no trouble as she drove out into the black, soulless night. 

~~~

"Baby... you're doing perfectly fine." her husband gushed. 

It's been eight months since the incident, and Amelia had not told her husband of her cheating on him in fear of her losing the only person she loved and cared about in the world. Furthermore, if she did, her baby wouldn't have anyone to care for her if she dies during childbirth. 

With natural curly black hair and dark skin, Amelia was African-American but had actually moved in with her husband to Canada a few months ago when she had told him that she was pregnant. 

"Shit!" Amelia cursed as she felt her cervix being pushed and forced open wider.

"Ma'am... You're almost there, I can see the head! She's crowning!" the nurse exclaimed excitedly as she tried to help Amelia push her out. 

"Why didn't I take the fucking pain numbing thing!" Amelia swore, pushing. 

"You're doing amazing, baby. Keep on pushing." her husband, Jake Williams said soothingly. 

"God, is she out yet?" Amelia huffed as tears rolled down the side of her face. 

"Just a little more, ma'am. You're doing great!" the nurse said encouragingly. 

"God..." Amelia muttered as she pushed harder, her nails digging into her husband's skin. 

"Okay, ma'am. Just one last push please." the nurse said warmly, and taking a deep breath, Amelia pushed, and it honestly sounded like she was constipated as the baby popped out, the umbilical cord still connected to her bully button. 

Glimpsing at her new treasure, Amelia tried to look at her, only to see that she had the light skin of her true father. 

Praying to God that she doesn't have his brown hair or eyes, Amelia can feel her eyes close from tiredness or what, she couldn't tell.

As Amelia let herself fall into the dark, she promised herself that she would look at her after she had slept and recharged after the six hours of labour.

What she didn't know though, was that her baby would be the last thing she would see in the real world. What she didn't know, was that by letting herself fall into sweet oblivion, Amelia was also falling and closing her eyes for her death. 

***

Hello my lovelies! How was the prologue? Did you like it? Was it alright? Was it bad? Comment and let me know!

By the way, I do not condone you cheating and not coming clean with your lovers if you had cheated! Don't follow what Amelia did. What she did was really wrong. 

~ CRAZY40429 💋 

Question of the Chapter (QotC): Who do you think the girl is?

See you in the first chapter of FCF (aka. Family Comes First)!

Vote | Comment | Follow | Share