1

Kenma woke up. He narrowed his eyes and groaned. He didn't want to wake up. He didn't want to do anything except sleep and play games. Why did he have to go to school? School was trash, and filled with annoying people.

With a sigh, he got up. The smell of pancakes immediately hit his nose. At least he would eat a good meal before a boring day. He quickly got dressed, grabbed his bag, and went downstairs.

"Good morning, Kenma!" his mom greeted him. She gave him a soft smile as she placed down his plate. "You look more irritated than ever."

Kenma didn't answer. He just ate quickly and got up. "I'm off," he called. His mother wished him a good day. As if that was possible. Kenma grabbed his switch and left. He sighed. Waiting for him was Kuroo, with a big smile on his face. "What do you want?" Kenma asked, glaring at his switch.

Kuroo looked hurt. "I'm just walking to school with my best friend," he said, pretending to be tearing up.

"I'm clearly not Lev. It's funny how easily obnoxious people can attract each other," the Nekoma setter replied.

"Does that mean you're obnoxious?" Kuroo asked, smirking. Kenma just ignored him.

They walked in silence. Halfway there, Kenma felt breathe against the back of his head. "You creep! What are you doing?" he screeched, launching forward. He whirled around to glare at what he thought was Kuroo. But no, it was Lev.

Lev burst out laughing. His green eyes shone innocently. "I just wanted to see what game you were playing," he said.

Kenma glared at him.

"Don't be like that, Ken Ken," Kuroo teased. Kenma growled under his breathe, turning his attention back to his game. The two idiots next to him were talking excitedly. He pretended their voices were just background music.

Suddenly someone nudged him. "What do you think, Kenma-san?" Startled, Kenma nearly dropped his switch. He gave Lev a look of disgust. "Sorry. But anyway, what do you think?" Lev asked again.

"Don't care."

Kuroo looked surprised. "Really? I thought you got all excited about practice matches against Kurosuno."

Wait, what? Kenma's head shot up. A practice match against Kurosuno? That meant he'd get to see Shoyo. That also meant a actual not boring match for once. He didn't know  it, but he was grinning, his cheeks turning slightly pink.

Lev gasped. "Kenma is actually happy?" he asked, in awe. Immediately Kenma's mood was ruined. He scoffed and turned back to his game. "Oh! Isn't Fukurodani coming too?"

"Yea. That means I get to see Bakuto!" Kuroo grinned, excited to see his rival, but also his best friend.

"Sickening," Kenma snarled.

"Since both schools are coming around the same time, Karasuno and Fukurodani will be going against each other too," Kuroo added. "So they're staying for a week. Cool, right?"

"Disgusting."

"Kenma-san is such a tsundere!" Lev giggled. Kenma looked at him with a vicious 'what the hell did you just say' face. Lev just grinned at him. "I bet you're excited about seeing Hinata! Who wouldn't? His and Kageyama's freak dou is so cool."

Kenma rolled his eyes. But what Lev said was true. He was looking forward to Karasuno coming to Tokyo.