30

"Where. Did. You. Come. From."

Kenma shifted the books he was holding feeling slightly uneasy as Hinata stared at him. He could ask the same thing. He'd been looking for different comics to buy, when he suddenly felt a familiar presence. He'd dismissed it because the idea was dumb, like most ideas. But now he was staring at a very familiar face.

The setter searched for words. He probably looked like a stalker. Not knowing what to say, he just blurted out, 'I don't know-"

Hinata continued to stare at him. They most likely stared at each other for two minutes. Kenma shifted his books again, glancing at his switch. Should he leave? Why was the atmosphere so uncomfortable? "Uhhh- how about you?"

Instantly Hinata sunk into the chair. "Just came here to die," he murmured quietly. Suddenly the bright ball of sunshine looked tired. It was like Kenma was staring at himself, except without all the hating life, and questioning why he was here part.

Unless Hinata was doing that, but was good at hiding it.

Kenma plopped into the blue chair next to Hinata. "Soooo... What killed you?" he casually asked, starting his game back up.

"What do you mean?" His friend glanced at him, but glanced quickly away. Hinata even sighed. "The air."

Kenma was clicking buttons professionally. "I mean, was it another player? Or maybe some random person, like an NPC. Oh god, was it a enemy? Like were you walking and some crazy stray dog attacked you, and you didn't have any weapons to fight back?" He narrowed his eyes at the screen.

He growled under his breath when he died. He glanced up. "I would offer to help, but my confidence level and stamina is low. I guess you can rely on my support."

This wasn't unusual. Often Kenma would just randomly start speaking Gamer. Kuroo did sometimes call it weird, or teased him about it. But Kenma didn't care. The rooster head was just uncultured.

Hinata, on the other hand, looked confused for a moment. Then realization flashed in his eyes, and he let out a quiet "pfft-"

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME? I'M TRYING TO HELP-" Kenma growled, raising his switch as he began fighting a boss.

Hinata raised his hands quickly. "Laughing? Who's laughing? You must be hearing things," he objected. The smile on his face showed otherwise.

Kenma would've glared at him, but he was kinda in a life or death situation.

The tangerine settled again. "I'm fine. My mind is just being weird right now. Actually, you distracted me," he cooed. Hinata gave Kenma a large grin, that, even from the corner of his eye, could blind the setter. "So thanks!"

"YES!" Kenma shouted when he finally beat the boss. He had been trying to defeat it for two days. He realized he didn't shout that in his brain. Instantly embarrassed, he muttered, "Sorry...Oh, and no problem."

Uhfepjufebuh he could feel the judgemental stares. 

"Omygodwhyareyousoadorable-"

Kenma narrowed his eyes at the smaller boy, who had realized what he said, and was now hiding his face behind a comic. "Shoyo," he said flatly, grabbing the book. Hinata jerked away and nearly fell off the chair.

"W-what?" he asked, trying super hard to hide his face again. Hinata even grabbed a second book, which was easy to grab too.

"Do you want to go out or something?"

A moment of procession. Hinata's eyes widened with shock, and this time he did fall off the chair.