23

"Hey Kenma, your house is that way," Hinata spoke up, pointing the opposite direction of where they were heading. He turned around when there was no response. Kenma had his hands against his head, as he shook it, muttering to himself. He looked distressed. "Uuh, Kenma?"

The setter head snapped up. "What?" he asked.

Hinata raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?" he asked, questioning his friends sanity. Kenma fiddled awkwardly with his fingers.

"I'm fine. Just lying to myself, like always," he murmured. Then his face went red, surprised on how honest his response was. "My house isn't this way. I'll see you later, Shoyo." With that, he waved, before escaping.

Tanaka looked confused. He placed his hand around Hinata's shoulder. "Did he say he was lying to himself?"

"Mhm."

"About what?" the baldy asked. Hinata shrugged.

Nishinoya laughed. "I bet you ten dollars he realized how much he loves the tiny tangerine and it caught him off guard," he teased.

"YOU'RE SMALLER THAN ME."

"Bet." Tanaka grinned at his friend mischievously. "Anyway, we have to hurry. Kageyama went on ahead, like a little shit."

>.<

Hinata was bouncing happily. The smell of meat made his mouth water. "Stop that or you'll hurt your leg again," Yachi warned, as she walked past. Hinata stopped, but he couldn't stay still. He swayed impatiently, waiting for Coach Ukai to call the team to eat. Kiyoko and Yachi were helping with the food and stuff.

The ball of sunshine wasn't the only one waiting for the mouthwatering food. Sugawara, Kageyama, Asashi, Yamaguchi, Nishinoya, and even Tsukishima were sitting nearby.

"He can walk and hop. I've never been so proud in my life," Sugawara literally sobbed.

Tsukishima scoffed. "He reminds me of a too-energetic rabbit. Someone should capture and fry him up," he grumbled. Hinata frowned at the grumpy sandpaper head.

"You remind me of a grouchy giraffe. Maybe you should go back to the zoo," the tangerine shot back.

Asashi waved his hands nervously. "Now, now. If you guys argue, Daichi will come in, and he's really scary when he's mad. So try to keep it down, ok-"

"CAN YOU KEEP IT DOWN, YOU TINY KID?" Kageyama snapped at Hinata, pulling his earplugs out. "I CAN HEAR YOU, EVEN WITH ME VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP!"

Hinata glared at him. "Maybe you should get a better phone, blueberry boy."

Kageyama narrowed his eyes. "Tiny tangerine."

"Bossy idiot."

"Annoying orange."

"King of the Court."

Sugawara cracked his knuckles, shutting the two up instantly. Asashi looked defeated. Kiyoko pulled the curtain open, wiping her forehead. "You guys can eat now," she told them. The team cheered.

The rest of the team joined them after a while, and they all ate eagerly. In the middle of trying to finish eating his rice before Kageyama, Hinata's phone got a notification.

It was from Kenma.

Hinata put his bowl down, ignoring the blue haired setters smug smirk, and checked the message.

KenmaCat
Hey, Shoyo. Are you free tomorrow?

TheTangerineGiant
Yea! Why?

He stared as Kenma typed his reply. Then the 'typing...' symbol disappeared for a second. It came back, just to go away again.  What in the world was Kenma doing? Finally the setter sent a message.

KenmaCat
Lets hang out. There's a arcade I want to go to, and you can tag along, if you want...

TheTangerineGiant
Sounds fun! I'll go!

KenmaCat
Cool.