37

Back at Karasuno, Hinata spent most of his classes doodling in his notebook. He sketched a potato and a crow in the middle of math class. He was actually really proud of them. As usual, Hinata didn't pay any attention in class. He was watching the time go on slowly.

Finally when school was over, Hinata grabbed his stuff. He skipped toward the familiar Karasuno volleyball clubroom. Daichi was just unlocking it, Sugawara and Kageyama behind him. "Oh, hey Hinata. You're early," the captain greeted his teammate.

"So are they," Hinata replied. He narrowing his eyes at Kageyama. The setter stared back, probably smug about making it there first. 

"I'm in Daichi's class, and what do you expect from Kageyama?" Sugawara sang.

Daichi unlocked the club room and the three walked in. Immediately Kageyama and Hinata began changing, trying to be faster than the other. Asashi knocked a greeting. He slowly went inside, sighing what seemed to be out of relief. "It's good to be in this familiar atmosphere again," he said.

Sugawara smiled a greeting. Hinata finished first, giving a shout of victory. Kageyama clicked his teeth. "Whatever," he muttered.

Grabbing his phone and trying up his shoelaces, Hinata bolted out the door. He knew there was no real point in trying to get there so quickly. It wasn't like he could start practice early without someone tossing for him.

Wait!

He stopped, pulling out his phone. Hinata was quick to choose one name out of his contact list.

TheTangerineGiant
Kenma! When do you plan on tossing to me?

The setter answered almost right away.

KenmaCat
Wdym

TheTangerineGiant
Don't tell me you forgot! Remember when you practiced with us? We made a deal. You would practice with us, as long as I let you toss to me when my leg healed.

KenmaCat
Oh, that. What about it?

TheTangerineGiant
Were you not reading the first message, silly? When do you plan on tossing for me? ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

KenmaCat
What is that emoticon-

TheTangerineGiant
Answer the question!

KenmaCat
Okay, okay
KenmaCat is Typing...

"Shoyo!" Hands grabbing Hinata's shoulders made the boy jump. He turned off his phone, and turned around. Nishinoya was smiling at him.

"Oh! Hi, Noya-Senpai!"

As usual, Nishinoya's eyes twinkled with happiness, hearing the word 'senpai' at the end of his name. "I was wondering why you were just standing there," the second year said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Hinata's mind went blank for a moment. "I was just checking something," he said.

Nishinoya raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? And what might that be? DID YOU FIND PICTURES OF KIYOKO ON THE INTERNET? I HOPE NOT, I WILL KILL-"

"Calm down, bro." Tanaka rested his elbow on the growling libero. Nishinoya let out a final demonic screech. "What were you checking? Just to calm this dude. But WAS IT pictures of Kiyoko? If so, who posted th-"

Waving his hands frantically, Hinata cut him off. "No! It's not. I was just checking on that deal I made with Kenma."

Both second years looked confused. "Deal?" Tanaka asked.

Nishinoya gasped. "NO WAY! DID YOU MAKE A BET? WHAT DO YOU LOSE IF YOU'RE WRONG? OH NO...DO YOU LOSE YOUR VIRGI-"

"NO!" Hinata interrupted, face flushed. Why were they talking about losing the V-card? "He was going to toss for me."

Tanaka snickered. "Toss what~?"

"I'm done. Bye. I quite. I can't-" Hinata muttered, heading toward to the gym. He opened it to see Coach Ukai smoking. The coach saw him, almost dropping his cigarette, and soon it was out. The three team members stared at him.

Nice, blackmail. I mean- NO TSUKISHIMA STOP REPLACING ME BRAIN CELLS WITH YOURS!

Coach Ukai coughed. "Good morning. Make sure you stretch so you're all warmed up," he addressed. 

Before putting his phone on the bench, Hinata checked his messages once more. Kenma had replied a couple minutes ago. His mouth dropped when he read it.

KenmaCat
I'll visit on Wednesday.