35

There were more people yawning than conversations. It was the next day and very early. Coach Ukai had offered to accept Kageyama's request, but on one condition. They were going to have to wake up in the morning, since Karasuno was supposed to leave in the afternoon. Eager for the always good food, the volleyball team had agreed.

Maybe some were regretting it now. At seven in the morning everyone was outside, exhausted. Some members even decided to sleep in. Barely any of Fukurōdani was there.

Hinata slightly envied them. He was having the best dream in the world, where he was in nationals, and winning. He rubbed his eyes, yawning loudly. The scent of meat made his mouth water.

Though it was early, everyone was eating. Who would lose the chance of eating an appetizing meal? Hinata was nibbling on a piece of jerky. He was sitting backwards on a chair, resting his head on his arm, which was leaning one over the backrest.

Most of his teammates had been indistinct about him being so tired. Usually the bright boy was filled with energy. But today, he looked like he hadn't slept all night. Which was actually the truth. Hinata had played games, went back to the inn, and slept for about an hour.

Video games were extremely addicting. Maybe they should make it where someone needs a license to play them.

Even though it had made him extremely tired, Hinata actually had a good time with Kenma. His friend was really helpful and fun to play with. Maybe Hinata should download more games.

"Yo! Chibi-Chan!" A hand slapped the zoned out tangerine, making him choke on jerky. He turned around, coughing. Kuroo sat on the chair next to him. "Sorry, I thought you were asleep. But I wanted to tell you congratulations!"

Hinata coughed in reply.

"I was talking Kenma this morning because I was trying to get him to come to the cookout. He yelled at me to go away and told me you to were going out."

The tangerine bit off a piece of his jerky. "Are you sure you didn't bring up the subject somehow?" he asked.

Kuroo tapped his chin, smiling innocently. "I mean, I did say he didn't want to go because he was rejected by shrimpy," he admitted. Hinata made a face at him, and Kuroo laughed. "It was just to get him to get up though."

The younger boy didn't reply. What was he supposed to say? "Yea, we're dating now. So you can tease us whenever you want, because why not?" He was pretty sure Kuroo was going to do that anyway.

"Did you tell your team yet?" the roosterhead asked. Hinata was actually tempted to tell his team, but oh boy.

The reactions. The questions. It was just too much for him to handle right now.

Hinata shook his head. "Maybe sometime later," he murmured. He finished his jerky, so now his arm swung lazily.

"Okay, Kenma 2.0. That surprises me though. I never found you as the type to keep secrets. You look horrible at keeping secrets, actually."

"Who's keeping secrets?" Two voices asked. The two boys heads swung around quickly. One was Sugawara, smiling sweetly (but also deadly) at them. The next one was a tired looking Kenma. He was twirling a strand of hair thoughtlessly.

Sugawara's smile grew wider. "Wanna let me in on it?"