13

Hinata sighed in disappointment. He died again. He stared at the big red letters on his screen, and frowned. Horror games were hard. They were worse than mind games. How did Kenma play them?

Talking about Kenma, the setter was doing his homework. He stared at the piece of paper, tapping his pencil frustrated. He hadn't undid the small ponytail. It looked good on him. Hinata had followed Kenma home again. He had gave Hinata permission to play his switch until he finished his homework. 

But Hinata kept dying.

No, I don't give up. Hinata pressed 'try again' and continued playing. He actually got pretty far. Then he died again. He let out a scream. At the same time Kenma groaned and dropped his head.

"School is trash," he muttered. He turned to face Hinata. "What's up?"

"HORROR GAMES ARE TRASH," Hinata pouted, crossing his arms. Kenma let out what sounded like the beginning of a laugh, but cut it off quickly.

"Oh really? Why is that?"

Hinata sighed sadly. "I keep dying," he mumbled. He was sad. He went so far, but he failed. The monster got him. It also killed any happy dreams he was going to have the night.

Kenma cleared his throat. "You want help?" he offered. Hinata thought for a moment, then nodded. He was going to go over, but Kenma got up, and sat next to him. "I've beaten that game. Press retry, and I'll guide you."

"Okay."

As he said, whenever Hinata was doing something wrong, or got stuck, Kenma helped him. Hinata didn't die. As much. He was actually having fun, even though he was terrified. He didn't like horror games. Kenma pulled Yachi's hairbow out and flipped his hair, brushing his fingers through it. The wonders of having long hair. Even if you're untangling it, you still look hot.

Kenma stopped and looked up. "What?"

"What?" Hinata repeated dumbly.

"Did you ask me something? I wasn't paying attention," Kenma said.

I said it outloud? Hinata shook his head, to embarrassed to speak. "It was nothing," he mumbled in a tiny voice.

Soon Hinata beat the game. He let out a victory shout and jumped in the air. His leg didn't have a nice respond to that. But he realized he could stand now! "Two victories in one," he cheered. He sat down on the bed, knowing he still wouldn't be able to walk.

Kenma had plugged the switch in, and was now playing it. "Are you staying over again?" he asked, not looking up. "You can if you want."

"Sure, if you're okay with it," Hinata replied. He was busy swinging his legs, smug about being better. Maybe he'd be able to run by the time they got back to Miyagi.

A hand stopped one of his legs down, and Hinata froze. Kenma gently pushed his leg down, still not looking up, and murmured, "You're going to accidently kick me if you keep doing that." 

"Sorry," Hinata apologized. He stopped. For some reason, his heart beating really fast. Maybe it was because he was caught by surprise. He breathed in, then breathed out. Eventually it slowed. Hinata checked his phone to find six missed messages. They were from his teammates.

RollingThunder
Hey, Shoyo, where are you? Coach Ukai got us meat buns

Milkyama
WHAT IS WITH YOU AND DISAPPEARING? I HOPE YOU GET LOST

Hinata frowned and replied to Kageyama.

TheTangerineGiant
I'm spending the night at Kenmas again.

Milkyama
Why? Are you both dating?

Hinata's face heated up and he responded with a quick:
TheTangerineGiant
No!
And if I was, it wouldn't be any of your business >:[

Milkyama
Whatever.

He also responded to Nishinoya, telling him he was fine, and to save some meat buns for him. The last remaining four was from a concerned Sugawara.

SugaIsTheBest
Hinata, Coach Ukai came with meat buns.
Did you get lost somewhere?
I can help
OMYGAWD, YOU'RE NOT DEAD ARE YOU?

TheTangerineGiant
I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you (_ _;)

SugaIsTheBest
You better not be in a sewer somewhere-

TheTangerineGiant
Ofc not, Suga-senpai! I'm at Kenma's house

SugaIsTheBest
Kenma's house?

Hinata actually nodded, as if Sugawara was in front of him right now.

TheTangerineGiant
Yea, we're hanging out  •ᴗ•

SugaIsTheBest
Okay then... I guess I'll tell the others. Theories are going to come up, you know.

TheTangerineGiant
That's fine. You and Diachi usually take care of untrue rumors about the team

SugaIsTheBest
Yesss, we spill their bloo- We have a discussion with who think it's funny to hurt our reputation. :)