32

"KenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenmaKenma-"

"WHAT?" the setter snarled, lowering his switch in defeat. He glared at Bokuto. The Fukurōdani member smiled at him, and Kenma made a face.

Akaashi glanced their direction, narrowing his eyes. It was obvious he was going to watch his friend. After all, Kenma attacks. "I was wondering something. If you could toss for me or Hinata, who would you choose?"

In the corner of his eye, Kenma saw Kuroo smirk. The answer was easy. "Hinata."

"Okay, if Hinata broke his arm, who would you-"

"Shoyo."

"FINE. If Hinata left for two days WHO WOULD YOU-"

"SHOYO."

Bokuto gave up. "I'll settle with Akaashi then. No one can replace him anyway," he muttered, walking away, clearly butthurt. Akaashi rolled his eyes.

Kuroo sat next to Kenma, who was back to his switch. Easily, the rooster head snatched it out of his hands. "HEY!" Kenma yelped. He tried to grab it back, but Kuroo didn't let him. His friend had a large smirk on his face.

"Did something happen?" he asked. Kenma growled at him. "Come on, I've known you for years. What horrible event made you hate humanity today?"

"You existing," Kenma hissed back, making another attempt to get his switch. He ended up falling on his face.

"Now, now~" Kuroo cooed. "That isn't a nice thing to say. What'd you do ask the shrimp out and get rejected? Stop acting like a baby and tell me." He raised an eyebrow when Kenma covered his face, groaning. Then he started laughing. "You didn't- No way you- Did you ask the chibi out?"

Kenma didn't answer, which made Kuroo laugh harder.

Not trying to look like 100% shitty, Kuroo patted his friends head, which brought him down to 98%. Kenma sighed depressingly. "I wasn't rejected. I actually think he was going to say yes," he murmured.

The patting actually turned into a hit. Kenma moved away, glaring at Kuroo. "Sorry, I was caught by surprise. So you and Chibi-Chan are dating now?"

"...No-"

Kuroo wheezed. "You have the worst luck, ohmygod." He gasped for air, while wiping tears from his eyes. "So what happened?"

"One of his teammates came in when he was saying something. He had to go," Kenma mumbled. Kuroo choked on who-knows-what, trying his hardest not to laugh. "STOP IT! I HOPE HE MISUNDERSTANDS!"

His wheezing friend was dying on the gym floor. "You- I can't- omygod-" Kenma didn't know whether to be offended, or happy he might have finally gotten rid of Kuroo.

At the same time, Kenma wanted to die. Not even once in his life, even with the torment Kuroo put him through, has he been this embarrassed. He wanted to build a hole. Then he could bury himself and play video games in the dark forever.

A whistle called for a practice match to begin. It was actually Karasuno against Fukurōdani again. Kenma noticed Hinata in the starting line. He's actually playing in this round?

The setter wished he could take this feeling of pride, stab it twenty eight times, and yeet it out the window.

Kenma watched as Hinata swung his arms impatiently. Kageyama shifted when Daichi received the ball. He caught it, changed his position a bit, and gave a clean toss. Hinata actually ran forward and made a spectacular leap. The gym echoed the sound of his spike.

Kuroo had stopped laughing, watching the smaller player in awe. "That's what I was waiting to see! Right, Kenma....." He trailed off. Kenma was giving the brightest smile to ever be seen on....well, him.