33

Hinata's heart was racing. He wanted to scream to the top of his lungs. He grinned widely. Even members from Nekoma and Fukurōdani cheered. 

"THAT'S MY PUPIL! I TAUGHT HIM-" Bokuto was saying.

The tangerine made a side glance and his breath was knocked out of him by an invisible force. He made eye contact with Kuroo first. It didn't last long though because the black haired boy was glancing from him, to Kenma, over and over.

Kenma was giving  wide smile. It disappeared when he and Hinata made eye contact. Then he started choking on words and looked away. Hinata watched him distract himself by trying to get his switch from Kuroo.

"Hinata!" Kageyama shouted. The tangerine looked at him. "Get back where you're supposed to be, dumbass!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry." He skipped back to his spot. But his heart was still pounding.

>.<

"I missed seeing you jump so much," Sugawara sobbed, eating from his rice bowl. He placed it down. "That was so emotional."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes. "Shame he didn't break his leg instead. Having a rabbit hopping around is annoying," he grumbled. Sugawara glared at him.

"It is really great to have Hinata back on the team," Daichi said.

Kageyama, who was eating from his bowl intensely, gabbled, "I wouhdn't hare eibur way."

Hinata giggled. "You say that, but when I hit the spike, you had the largest grin on your face." 

"LIES."

"THE TRUTH."

"NO."

"YES."

Daichi gently placed his bowl down, giving them a tight lipped smile. Hinata and Kageyama quickly shut up. Asashi looked slightly terrified when Hinata's phone buzzed out of nowhere. "Who is texting you 24/7?" he asked.

The tangerine checked his phone. He actually had two messages. One from Kuroo and one from Kenma. He opened Kenma's first.

KenmaCat
Awesome jump this afternoon

TheTangerineGiant
Thanks! I saw you watching ^﹏^

KenmaCat
Did you? I mean, yea, I did too

TheTangerineGiant
You can't see yourself though xD
Don't worry, I get what you mean! You should smile like that more; it's pretty!

KenmaCat is typing...

He was taking a long time to type, so Hinata checked Kuroo's message real quick.

"RooserHead"
Yo! Nice spike!

TheTangerineGiant
Thanks! I'm super glad I can play now!! └(^o^)┘

"RoosetHead"
So am I! Make sure you don't hurt yourself again so I can destroy you.

TheTangerineGiant
Likewise

"RoosterHead"
I didn't hurt myself tho 😏

Right after that message, Kenma finally replied. Hinata sent a quick Ik! before checking on his friend.

KenmaCat
Thanks... If you want to see me smile like that, you're going to have to watch me play a really good game

TheTangerineGiant
Np! And I can hang over if you want

KenmaCat
...I don't mind

TheTangerineGiant
Great! ⊙▽⊙

"Stop swooning over your phone and listen!" Kageyama snapped. Hinata jumped, almost dropping his phone.

He turned it off. "Sorry. What'd you say?"

"I said we should all have a really huge cookout tomorrow with all three teams. Since we're leaving," Kageyama repeated himself. Hinata nodded instantly. Cookouts meant food, which meant yes.

"If any of you have any plans, you better let us know. I'll message you the time and you can try to get back by then," Daichi offered.

Hinata grinned. "I'm going to be there!"