5

After everyone finished unpacking at the hotel, inn, whatever (Hinata doesn't really pay attention to names), the coaches announced that they would be taking the teams out to dinner. This made everyone excited and less tense.

After eating most of Nekomas members left to go home, while some stayed to chat. Hinata was surprised when Kenma poked his head into the room. Inuoka followed him. "Hey Hinata!" he called, waving.

"Hi Inuoka! I'm looking forward to your breaking you blocks in the match tomorrow," Hinata greeted. He grinned.

Inuoka settled down next to Kenma, who was busy playing on his switch, and returned Hinata's eager grin. "I look forward to blocking your spikes. Especially the freak spike." He rubbed his hands together, either from excitement or any lingering cold. "You and Kageyama should practice with us sometime."

"Really? I'll do that!" Hinata smiled one of his die-for smiles. He noticed Kenma had looked up from his switch, and their eyes met.

Nekoma's setter frowned. "Does Kageyama have to come to?"

"Yea, so we can see the cool spike they do!" Inuoka replied.

Kenma sighed, turning back to his game. "What are you playing?" Hinata asked. He scooted closer to his friend and leaned forward, glancing at Kenmas screen. He could feel (they weren't touching, but he was still close enough to feel any change of position) the setter stiffen.

"Just another pokemon game," Kenma murmured.

"You have so many. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a million pokemon games on your other consoles," he said. He pointed at one of the pokemon, talking excitedly about it. Suddenly Kenma jerked away from him.

Hinata gave him a questioning look. "You were probably too close," Inuoka explained. "I'm surprised he didn't do that sooner."

"I- Oh." Realization flashed in the tangerines eyes. "Sorry. I do that all the time, so it's a habit." He gave Kenma an apologetic look.

His friend just shrugged, brushing his hair out of his face. "Your fine. It didn't really bother me, actually."

"KENMA WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?" Inuoka gasped. "Does that mean we can be all over you too?"

"Ew, no."

"Thought so."

Hinata giggled. "But if you didn't care, why did you jerk away like that? You could've hit your head and died," he asked. Inuoka looked at him like he was trying not to laugh, but he also thought Hinata lost his last brain cell.

"Your hair," Kenma answered, pointing at Hinata's fluffy orange head. "It was going to make me sneeze."

Hinata was relieved it wasn't anything bad, like him stinking. Inuoka raised an eyebrow. "Really? So if his hair wasn't making you sneeze, you'd let Hinata just- sit there?" he asked in disbelief. "Wow, you're special aren't you, shorty?"

"I dunno. Maybe I am." Hinata beamed.

The room went silent when someone burst through the door. Hinata heard Kenma cuss under his breath. "Hinataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, practice with us," Lev gushed. Kuroo, Yamamoto, and (shockingly) Tsukishima was behind him. "We got Tsukii to block for us, now we just need one more member, and we can have a mini practice match."

"OR Hinata, Kenma, and the baldy thats glaring at Yamamoto can join too, and it can be a mini match. Kurasuno against Nekoma," Kuroo suggested.

"I'm going home," Kenma said, getting up. "You guys are going to get in trouble. It's really late."

Kuroo smiled. "If we're getting in trouble, so are you. We need a setter."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"Yes."

"I'll do it," Kageyama spoke up. He put down the volleyball he was rolling between his hands. "Hinata is helpless without me anyways."

Hinata glared at him. "I am NOT," he protested. Kageyama replied with an eyeroll.

Kuroo sighed in disappointment, and Tsukishima looked like he wanted to destroy the whole world. Hinata stepped over a sleeping Diachi, Nishinoya, and Yamaguchi. Before following the three, he glanced back, and smiled at Kenma. "You should join next time. I want to spike a toss that isn't Kageyama's for once."

The setter looked up from his switch. He hesitated before returning the smile. "Sure."

"Move, dumbass," Kageyama snapped. Hinata stuck his tongue at the bossy grump, before running to catch up with Kuroo, Tsukishima, Tanaka, and Yamamoto.