14

Somehow Hinata found a way to drag Kenma outside.

The setter was walking behind the ball of sunshine, regretting his life choices. It was cold. It was noisy. How did he get out here? He sighed pitifully.

Hinata, on the other hand, was chatting happily. Though Kenma had to admit, he looked tired. Even the most energetic people get exhausted from using crutches. He remembered Hinata jumping earlier. He didn't fall or break his leg off. Which must've meant his injury was healing. Which means matches will actually be interesting.

"Did you hear me?" Kenma was snapped out of his thoughts by Hinata's question. The orangehead had stopped and was looking at him.

Kenma ran his fingers through his hair. "No, sorry. Something was one my mind," he muttered.

"It's okay. I asked what you think I would look like with a piercing." Hinata laughed nervously. "Yesterday, Tanaka told me he thought it would look cool. The idea scared the crap out of Asashi though."

You? With a piercing? Kenma coughed, trying not to laugh. "I don't think you should get one," he said. "A piercing doesn't fit your style at all."

"My style? What's my style then?" Hinata asked. Kenma was afraid he'd offended him, but there was amusement sparkling in his gaze.

Kenma thought for a moment. "Shouldn't you know your style best?"

Hinata rubbed the back of his neck. He narrowed his eyes. Then he smiled innocently. "Nope."

Figured.

"You're going to have to figure that out," Kenma told him. "It helps you be more like yourself. I think?"

"You don't even know?" Hinata tilted his head sideways.

Kenma was confused. How in the world was he going to know a persons style? He barely even talked to people. Mostly he was in his own world. He gave Hinata a blank look. The tiny middle blocker smiled, deciding to change the subject.

"Are you hungry?"

Kenma raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. I've only eaten once today. Who wouldn't be?" He was surprised how Hinata's face lit up. He grabbed Kenmas hand and started running. "Wait! Where are you taking me?" Even though he was tiny, Hinata was strong. And a fast runner. How in the world did such a tiny person have so much energy? How could anyone have such energy?

He was led to a random cafe. Hinata chose a table by the window. They both ordered a sandwich.

"Why are you so excited for some food?" Kenma asked, looking out the window. "And don't grab me like that! So rude."

Hinata spun the straw in his water. "We were both hungry. It's healthy to eat," he replied. He stared at his straw for a bit, then his face lit up again. "I can stand."

"I know."

"You think I'll be able to play in the next practice match? Coach Ukai is letting us rest tomorrow, then we have the practice match against Fukurōdani. Maybe my leg will be healed up." Hinata looked so bright, it was almost blinding.

"No, I don't think so. You're only able to stand. It's gonna take awhile for you to be able to run, let alone jump high," Kenma responded. Hinata looked sad. "But if you can stand, it might not be long until you can walk. I can help you exercise your leg if you want."

Hinata slowly got up, slammed his hands on the table, and leaned towards Kenma. His cheeks tinted pink. He looked really, really happy. "Yes please!" Why you gotta be so close? Their faces were barely inches from each other.

Hinata seemed to realize. Quickly he sat back down, and took a long embarrassed sip from his water. "Do I need to pay you?" he asked.

"No. I'll help whenever we both have free time," Kenma answered.

Hinata gave a smug grin. He clearly liked the idea of being able to practice something. The waiter finally gave them their food. Kenma took a large bit out of his sandwich.

Nothing bad should happen from helping a friend practice. As long as Kuroo, Lev, or Bokuto didn't know how to mind their own business. Knowing Kuroo, he was somehow going to find out.

Kenma sighed.