36

"Secret? What secret?" Kuroo asked, pretending to have no idea what the setter was talking about.

Sugawara raised an eyebrow. "I have very good hearing, fellow captain. What secret are you soooo surprised about?" he pressed.

Kenma sighed. He probably already knew what the secret was. And Sugawara, no matter how threatening he looked, wouldn't be able to get Kuroo to spit it out. Even though he was an asshole, Kuroo respected his friends wishes. If they wanted to keep something a secret, he would respect that.

The setter pushed past Karasuno's setter. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I'll get him to spit it out eventually," he muttered.

Sugawara flashed him a glare, but backed off. He smiled again. This one wasn't filled with dark intentions though. "Hinata, the coach bought us meat buns to celebrate your recovery. Do you want them now?"

Hinata glanced up, yawning. Kenma fought the urge to run his fingers through the tired blockers fluffy hair. "Sure," the tangerine answered, slowly getting up.

The two Karasuno member walked towards their teammates. Kenma took a seat and sighed. "So what's the secret?" he bluntly asked Kuroo.

"I wasn't lying. There's literally nothing to hide," Kuroo chirped.

Kenma raised his fingers, making air quotes. "'Come on, I've known you for years.' You can't hide anything from me." Kuroo laughed at him, and Kenma frowned in disapproval.

"Okay, okay. Me and Hinata were talking about telling his team about the relationship, and he told me he was going to keep it a secret for now." Kuroo rested his chin on his hand. "What do you think~"

"I really don't care."

Kenma wanted to throw a grill at Kuroo's face when his friend chirped, "So you don't care? I can tell everyone on the team you're dating the small Karasuno boy?"

"You're going to do it anyway, what's the point in stopping you," Kenma hissed bitterly.

"You're not wrong."

>.<

After the cookout, Karasuno gathered to leave. They were murmuring amongst themselves, talking about whatever the crows talked about. Kenma walked back and forth, as Kuroo said bye to their captain.

God, why am I here? I should be playing my switch right now.

"Kenma! You're not going to say bye?" He looked up at the cheery voice. Hinata was waving at him through the tussle of teammates. It wouldn't be long before they all leave.

Ah. I guess I should say bye...

Kenma slowly walked to the small boy, scowling at Kuroo when he winked at him. "Uh...Bye?" the setter said awkwardly.

Hinata frowned at him. "That was lame."

Kenma could feel his cheeks growing warm. What was he supposed to say? Didn't he want him to say bye? He stood there, fidgeting.

"Uh....I don't want you to leave though. Like, there's so many more games we could play," Kenma half-whispered.

The tangerine smiled. "You act like I'm disappearing forever. Don't worry, we're going to see each other again," he chirped. He was distracted by Takeda calling the team to the bus. "Well thanks for saying bye!"

"Y-you're welcome?"

Hinata grabbed his hand for a second, smiled, then joined the rest of Karasuno. Kenma watched him leave.

Then he stared at the small daisy in his palm.