24

The was one thing, that came in multiple forms, that made Kenma have one percent respect for humanity. This thing was awesome. It was paradise in its finest form. This thing distracted someone from the cruel disgusting world, and cured depression. This invention was called...

Video games.

Kenma sat on his bed, snacks piled up next to him, most untouched. He glared at the TV, literally smashing the controller. He glanced sideways when he got a notification from his phone. It was from Lev, asking if he could try to toss to him more. The setter scoffed and continued playing his game.

Low kick. Jump.  Crouch and shoot a fireball. Enemy defeated, time to move on. He knew games like the back of his hand.

He ignored another notification, not give a single fuck what Lev wanted to say. Kenma continued playing until he got in a cutscene. Yawning, the setter stretched his arms. He checked his phone. The message actually wasn't from Lev. It was from Hinata.

TheTangerineGiant
Oh, I forgot to ask, what time?

Kenma let himself fall backward as he typed a reply.

KenmaCat
I have practice so I guess around 5..?

TheTangerineGiant
Okidokie!

Suddenly the sound of a game character getting hit caught Kenma's attention. "NO. NO! I'M DYING! STOP. FUCK!" he yelped, jerking up, and grabbing the controller again.

Close to midnight, someone rung the doorbell. "Can you get that?" Kenma's mom called from her room. The teenager sighed and paused his game. He got up, wishing he was a ghost, that way he could do nothing but be lazy.

He fought back the urge to slam the front door shut.

"What's up? Chibi-Chan not staying the night this time?" Kuroo cooed, smiling at Kenma when the setter opened the door.

Kenma turned around. He led the way to his room and sat on the bed, continuing his game. "No."

Kuroo smirked. "Would you have let him?" he asked slyly.

The setter shrugged, barely giving his friend half of his attention. "I guess. He's my friend, after all," Kenma muttered.

Nekoma's captain groaned. "Stoooop lying to yourself. Just admit you love him, please."

"Yea, okay. You don't need to tell me something I already know."

Kuroo rolled his eyes. "If you don't give in to your feelings, you'll end up lonely and- Wait, what?" He stared at Kenma, wide eyed. He pointed at the bored looking teenager. "You really just-"

"What? I said what you wanted me to say," Kenma muttered, button mashing. "Aren't you happy?"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Are you saying this to satisfy me, or are you saying this because you finally realized you like Chibi-Chan?" Kuroo asked, still in utter disbelief. Kenma sighed in frustration when he died. He glared at the black haired idiot.

"Both. Now can you please shut up?" he snapped.

"FOR REAL?"

"OMYGOD! LEAVE. NOW."

Kuroo leaned forward, grinning. Irritated, and a person that respected personal space, Kenma threw the nearest item at him. A pillow. It hit Kuroo in the face.

He yelped, holding his nose. "Why would you do such a horrible thing? I thought we were besties," he pretended to sob.

Kenma went back to his game. A ringing sound made him throw another pillow at Kuroo. "TURN YOUR PHONE OFF!" he yelled. The captain checked his phone, laughing. Then his expression turned smug.

"Oh look, it's Chibi-Chan."