89: Catching Criminals & Moving Forward

A/N: Continuation of 7x18 Foundation 

WARNINGS: IMPLIED SEXUAL CONTENT LATER ON IN THE CHAPTER~

TRIGGERWARNINGS: TALKS OF KIDNAPPING, SEXUAL ASSAULT, PEDOPHILIA, DEATH OF CHILDREN (THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS A TW)

"Everything is within your power,
and your power is within you."
― Janice Trachtman

Crystal's eyes widen, "You want to wire Sam and send her to her dad's house?" Emily nodded, "She remembers going to the basement and seeing her dad chaining a boy, if she goes back down there she could remember something."

Crystal sighed, "Has she agreed?" Rossi hummed, "She's struggling with coming to terms with the idea of her father doing all this, but she wants to help so she's agreed to do it." Hotch looked over at Reid, "Go in the truck that we'll send undercover, see if you can determine if he's the type of person who'd fit our profile."

"I'll go too," Crystal stated and Reid smiled with a nod, she didn't realize Hotch was now frowning and Rossi raised an eyebrow at this before nudging Prentiss to notice as well. Prentiss hummed before clearing her throat, "Let's go prep her Rossi, Reid you come too."

Reid looked confused, but he let Prentiss and Rossi drag him off to Sam. Crystal tilted her head at them and she turned to look at Hotch, she smiled when she realized he was frowning.

Ah, I see now.

"I'll be fine Hotch." Crystal reassured and he sighed, "Can't you just stay here? With me where I know you'll be safe?" Crystal gave him a worried look, "Are you okay?"

Hotch moved her hair from her face, "I'm a bit nervous letting you back into the field, but I know you can take care of yourself." Crystal smiled at him, "I can."

"So I shouldn't worry, but I can't help but do that whenever you're not here." Hotch confessed and Crystal hummed and looked at him softly, "I'm okay Aaron, you're okay, and we're both safe." Hotch's lips twitched at the way she was quoting him, "We're safe, make sure you stay safe and come back safe."

Crystal smiled and nodded, "I will." Hotch gently booped their noses together before letting her walk away, Crystal walked over to Rossi and Reid who was watching Prentiss help Sam wire up. "You could've just said something instead of walking away."

Rossi shrugged, "Thought you two could use a moment." Reid looked confused again, "What? A moment for what?" Crystal smiled and ruffled his hair, "Nothing Doc."

I'll be okay, but it's nice to see he's worried for me.

___

Crystal sat in the yellow van with Reid as they waited for Sam to pull up, they were on the phone with Hotch. "If J.B. Allen is our unsub he certainly doesn't seem unhinged." Crystal nodded, "He went to the market, stopped by Sam's nursery, and right now me and Doc are watching him landscape."

"At his house?"

"Yeah."

"Is it isolated?"

"Incredibly isolated with lots of land," Reid answered, "Remember what Garcia sent us about J.B. Allen? He started his contracting business in 1975, married Sam's mom that same year, she died when Sam was 5 as we know, and he never remarried. Despite the newer subdivisions he built, he stayed in the house he shared with his wife."

"So he's either sentimental, or he didn't sell because he's customized the house to hide his victims. Call me if anything happens."

Crystal hung up and Reid looked at her, "Have you thought about it?" Crystal gave him a look, "We're on a case Doc."