71.0: Running To Each Other

A/N: Continuation of 7x10 The Bittersweet Science and I put the gif because I love how Hotch smiles in this scene~(and yes I will be posting it again later in the chapter because my heart goes wild for this mans smile)

TRIGGER WARNINGS: TALKS ABOUT PAST S**ICIDE AND THERE'S THE SCENE WHERE THE YOUNG BOY DIES FROM HIS CANCER AND IT'S REALLY SAD

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
― Nelson Mandela

Crystal looked over to see Rossi and Prentiss return from the M.E, "What'd the report say?" Emily sighed, "His rage has increased, he killed those two victims with his bare hands."

Reid frowned at this, "His rage is increasing, he did all those wounds by hand?" Rossi nodded, "And there was intense damage to liver and kidneys, this guy's no joke. Eye sockets were broken, did more damage with his hands than the pipes, I honestly think he could be a boxer."

Morgan raised an eyebrow, "What makes you think so?"

"Bodies got similar and consistent blows that you get from years of fight training, it makes sense for the endurance it takes to commit this type of overkill on this many people." Rossi answered and Crystal hummed, "It could explain why the first crime scene the bodies were lined up in the corner like a ring."

Hotch gave a nod as he took out his phone, "Makes sense about the blood lust, but what triggered the killings?" Hotch dialed a number, "Garcia, I need all the information you can find me on the Philadelphia boxing scene."

"We've got Rocky I through V, let's not forget about that last one."

"Penelope." Morgan chuckled and Crystal bit back a smile.

"Okay, real stuff now. The city produced such greats as Tyrone Everett and the late Joe Frazier, who developed the Philly style of punching people. The sport took off to Atlantic City and Vegas, which put a dent in the Philadelphia scene, bit it didn't kill the city's passion for the sport- "

"Excuse me," The team looked over at the door to see an officer, "We just got another report about a crime scene, looks like our guy." Hotch gave a nod, "Morgan, Archer, JJ, and I will head down to the crime scene, the rest of you see try and make any connections between the crimes."

___

Hotch walked into the room, "Both of them were beaten to death, looks like he used his hands again." JJ opened the safe, "He took valuables this time like gold jewelry, watches, and some cash from the safe."

Crystal raised one of the books her and Morgan were going through, "Looks like this guy's a bookie." Morgan nodded and pointed to a name, "A guy named Tony Cole lost $3,000 in a fight last night."

Hotch frowned, "What was the amount of his usual bet?" 

"No more than $500," Morgan shut the book, "I'm gonna call Garcia." Morgan took out his phone, "Penelope, how's the greatest computer tech this side of the Mississippi?"

"Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee, Garcia's gonna find what only her screens can see. What do you need chocolate thunder?"

"411 on a Tony Cole please."

"Hmm...Tony was a middleweight star back in the eighties and then he was in a really bad lawn-mowing accident, that laid him up for a few months and he had to throw in the towel."

"What's he doing now?"

"He's a trainer at a local South Philly boxing gym."

Morgan raised an eyebrow at over at them and JJ tilted her head, "He fits our profile, he probably has embedded anger for not succeeding in the sport." Morgan frowned, "But why change his M.O. and start stealing stuff?"