98.0: Planning Events

A/N: This chapter is based on 8x03 Through The Looking Glass and a scene from 8x02 The Pact where they talk about Rossi's vacation days

TRIGGER WARNING: SU*CIDE AND S*XUAL PR*DATOR MENTIONED (ALSO A JOKE ABOUT ASPBERGERS IS MADE)

"Is it a crime when you love someone so much that you can't stand the thought of them changing? Is it a crime when you love someone so much that you can't see clearly?"
― Jodi Picoult

Crystal was getting along better with her wedding planner, it was easier to talk now about the wedding now that she no longer cared about her wedding like other weddings that have happened before. "Orange and blue are a unique combination, it'll be great." Her planner assured her when Crystal revealed her color theme chosen and Crystal relaxed at that, Hotch had kept his promise to accompany her to every meeting now and he hadn't broken it yet. The venue had been picked and it was gorgeous, it was in a forest clearing and they'd have the pew with a flower arch right under a tree. 

The date was set, finally, for January 15th and that meant that the invitations could finally be made and sent out. With the date and invitations in the works, Hotch and Crystal had went cake testing. The cake they had decided on was chocolate with a white buttercream frosting that had hints of an orange taste, it was three tiers and it was decorated with flowers. Crystal's mother had offered to make it, but Crystal didn't want to make her parents work in her wedding. "Just enjoy it mom, you did say you were tired of waiting for one of us to get married."

With that said, the roles were finally laid out for the wedding. Rossi had been shocked at Hotch's request for him to be his best man, "You've played wingman the whole time, I think it's time to play best man." Crystal had laughed at his immediate reaction, he started saying things in Italian and hugged Hotch before hugging Crystal. She also asked him to make the slideshow and he chuckled, "Oh, I was already making that with or without you asking." Crystal had made gift bags for JJ and Garcia to be her bridesmaids, Garcia had teared up and hugged her tightly. "I can't believe that my ship is finally sailing."

JJ smiled at this and hugged Crystal too, "I'm honored to be apart of your wedding, this is going to be an amazing celebration." Amy was going to be her maid of honor, she had cried over the phone when Crystal asked her. "Did you think I wouldn't choose you?"

"Bitch I thought you were never going to get married to Mr. Holy Fucks because you're so stupid! This is the best day of my life!"

Things were finally looking good now and right on track for a normal wedding, but Crystal didn't want normal. That's why Reid was shocked that she wanted him to give a speech at the wedding, "Me?" Crystal nodded happily, "I know big crowds aren't really your thing, but I'd like it if you said something. You don't have too, but I read that weddings usually have speeches and Amy is going to be a mess with the whole thing with my brothers not far behind. I'd like at least one person to give me some good words at the wedding, are you up for it?"

Reid looked at her and gulped, "But...why me?" Crystal raised an eyebrow at this and Reid cleared his throat, "I'm sure that JJ or Garcia would give you a nice speech, why me?" Crystal laughed at this, "Because it's you and I want to hear words from you Doc, you've been a great friend to me and you're the first person I told my feelings to when I had a crush on Hotch. I know this isn't the wedding invitation you were hoping for, but at least this makes up for it until we get them. Jokes aside though, I appreciate all you've done for me and you've given me a shoulder to lean on. You've been there for me like another brother Doc, you're family and I want you to be there for me too."

"Really?"

"Of course."

Reid instantly started working on his speech, Crystal smiled at this and was happy that the team was going to have different roles in the wedding. Morgan opted to being the DJ and come up with drinks at the bar rather than be a groomsman, "I think I'll be better on the sidelines enjoying myself then learning how to walk down the aisle that I don't plan on walking down anytime soon." Crystal had laughed at this and agreed to let him DJ the reception and make drinks, Nick would be joining him since he didn't really like the idea of being in a stuffy suit in front of everyone.