40.0: Bath Time & Troubling Cases

A/N: This chapter will be based on 6x11 25 to Life

"Man is something that shall be overcome. Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman — a rope over an abyss. What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end."
― Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Crystal parked her car in front of Hotch's apartment, it's been 2 weeks and he still had a sling for his arm so Crystal has been picking him up to drive him to work. Crystal knocked on his door and heard soft shuffling, when Hotch opened the door Crystal bit back a smile. "You look like a mess."

"Good morning to you too." Hotch chuckled as he stepped aside, "I meant to call you, I'm not going in today."

"Everything okay?"

"Jack's got a fever, I already called Jess telling her that I'll be staying home for a few days." Hotch stated as he walked back over to the kitchen, "I'm trying to make him some soup, but I can't open the can."

Crystal smiled as she walked over to him, she tried to hold her laugh as she watched Hotch try to open the can of soup. "Do you," Crystal let a laugh slip, "Do you want help?" Hotch sighed as he gave her a small smile, "If you wouldn't mind."

Crystal took the can opener from Hotch and opened the can of soup easily, Crystal poured it into the pot on the stove. "Have you eaten?"

Crystal hummed at Hotch's words, "Yeah, have you?" 

"I'll have an apple later." Hotch shrugged and Crystal turned to look at him, "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were poking fun at me." Hotch's lips twitched, "Wouldn't imagine doing that." They didn't say anything after that, once the soup started to boil Crystal took it off the heat and poured it into a bowl.

"Wanna come see him?" Hotch asked as he took the bowl, Crystal raised an eyebrow. "You have to ask?" Hotch smiled as he walked over to Jack's room, he knocked before opening the door. "Hey buddy, look who came to see you."

Jack was in bed with his eyes closed, he opened his eyes and smiled over at them. "Hi Crystal." Jack said softly and Crystal smiled over at him, "Hey there Jack, heard you weren't feeling to well."

Jack nodded, he had a towel on his forehead. "I feel icky." Hotch chuckled as he put the bowl of soup on his bedside table, "It's time for your medication buddy, stay here with Archer while I go grab it." Hotch looked over at Crystal, "I'll be right back," Crystal hummed as he left, she sat on the edge of Jack's bed. 

Jack motioned to the soup, "Will you feed me?" Crystal gave him a gentle smile, she stood up to grab the bowl and sat closer to him. "Open up bud."

Jack opened his mouth and Crystal fed him some soup after blowing on it, she fed him a couple more spoonful's when she heard a chuckle behind her. "Took you long enough."

"Sorry, didn't want to interrupt." Hotch stated as he put a cup of water he was holding on the table as he took out the bottle of medication and a spoon from his pocket, he sat down behind Crystal as she continued to feed him.

"You never fed me soup when I was sick." 

"We were to busy being chased by a murder," Crystal shrugged with a smile, "Next time you're sick give me a call and I'll come over to make up for it." Hotch's lips twitched before he looked back over at Jack who shook his head at the spoonful of soup, "Full?"

Jack nodded and Hotch handed the bottle to Crystal who was giving him an amused look, "What, I only have one hand." Crystal smiled as she mocked a sigh, "What would you do without me?"

Crystal took the bottle and spoon from him and turned back to Jack, she missed the way Hotch was looking at her softly. Crystal opened the bottle and gave Jack his medicine, after he took it Crystal gave him the cup of water. Jack yawned before rubbing his eyes, "Will you come play when I'm all better?"