3.0: Eye Opener

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
― Margaret Mead

"How'd it go with Mr. Summers?" Reid asked as you entered the room, he was still analyzing the recordings with Garcia. "He said he doesn't know who would do this since he doesn't have that amount of money anywhere on him." Crystal sighed as she sat down, "It would make sense that the kidnapper would go after the Mitchell's since according to Mr. Summers they have money even with financial trouble, but Mr. Summers has nowhere near $500,000 on him." Reid nodded his head listening, "Maybe the kidnappers want to make him suffer?"

"Kidnappers?"

Reid grabbed the notes and brought it over to her, "Yes kidnappers, see look at the wording of 'Trying to not follow his instructions will result in my death' but then she says right after 'You have 24 hours after midnight before we start sending you pieces of your child to bury for their funeral'. See? They switch from saying 'his' to 'we' which makes me suspect that there are two or more kidnappers involved." Crystal scanned the notes that Reid had written all the recordings on and he was right, they all said this.

"Good catch Doc, I would have missed this if you hadn't pointed that out or if it wasn't in writing." Crystal was looking at the notes still, so she didn't see the way Reid's eyes widen a bit at her compliment.

 He cleared his throat, "Well, yeah uh thanks." Crystal raises an eyebrow at him now that she's looking at him, "You okay there Dr. Reid?" He nodded this time and went back to his seat, and if you didn't know better you would think he looked a bit flush. 

Maybe not complimented enough? Gotta change that, everyone needs to hear compliments.

"Garcia have you found anything on the Mitchell's and Summers?" Hotch asked as he stood by the board. "Nothing more than we already know from the file, I did find that Mrs. Summers medical bills were paid for in full by the Jay Mitchell. Apparently he was close to Rebecca Summers before they met their significant others and he even paid for some of the funeral costs. Rebecca was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago and it's been a battle since. As for the last cell phone locations they put their last locations at the Summers resident before either dying or being shut off."

Crystal nodded, "Awfully nice of himto pay for her medical bills, try looking into their kids school records to see if there is anything weird please if it isn't to much trouble." Garcia feigned an offended look, "Honey I could do that with my eyes closed." She typed on her laptop for not even 5 minutes before results were given to Crystal, "Riley is a model student, very good grades and has many academic awards. The Mitchell's are...well they aren't the worse I've seen, but I'm shocked their parents are okay with these. They seem to have a lot of written up forms such as skipping class, leaving early, smoking, talking back, and I could go on."

Bunch of bad apples sheesh.

"Can you dig into their financial problem? How bad is it?" Reid asked as he continued analyzing the notes, "Whoa, according to their bank records one credit card has been overcharging over their limit for the past year. Looks like they are trying to sell their house to cover the payment overdue on the card, wonder who did this?" Garcia continued typing hoping she could find out who's credit card this was.

"Most likely Savannah, Mr. Summers said she was a shopper." Crystal stated as she sat down, she started to write down measurements. She did this every time she had to many thoughts on her mind.

"I hope you got something from Mr. Summers, all we got from the Mitchell's was screaming and arguing." Morgan said as he walked in while sighing, Rossi chuckled as he walked in after him. "Well there was also the one where Mrs. Mitchell tried to hit on you." Garcia laughed, "Trouble in paradise?"