83.0: But Hearts Change For People

WARNINGS: THERE'S SWEARING AND DEGRADING (FALLING OUT WITH FAMILY)

Song is 'Heart - Sleeping At Last', listen to it until Crystal and Hotch's phone call is over with~

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
― Abraham Maslow

Crystal played with the mug in front of her, she was in the breakroom in the back of the bakery with a nice cup of tea in front of her. Crystal sniffled as she snuggled into the blanket wrapped around her, she jumped when her phone rang.

Oh....I forgot it's past 3:00 PM

Crystal picked up and cleared her throat, "Hi."

"Hi."

"You're late."

"I know."

"It's 3:37 PM."

"I know that too."

Crystal sniffled, "You uh....you heard my conversation, right?"

"I don't-"

"Aaron, you say I'm a terrible liar but you're so much worse." Crystal laughed lightly and relaxed, "My mom came to the front of the bakery, took me to the backroom, made me tea, gave me a long hug, gave me a blanket, said she was proud of me, and didn't even question why I was crying. I know that either you called and she came to find me or she walked in on the conversation and told you, my mother's to nosy to pass up knowing what happened."

Crystal picked up her mug and took a sip of her tea, she smiled at Hotch's small chuckle.

"I did hear, but not on purpose. I'm sorry."

"No reason to apologize, I know you called like our regular time." Crystal reassured and they sat there in a comfortable silence, Crystal sniffled again and Hotch sighed on the other line.

"I wanted to wait to see you in person to tell you this, but....I think this is an exception."

"Okay?"

"I'm very much adored with you Crystal Archer."

Crystal's eyes widen and she blushed, she cleared her throat. "Oh." Hotch chuckled at her shyness, Crystal smiled and wrapped the blanket closer to her.

"I've fallen for you and I don't regret it, I meant to let you see only a small part of me but I've let you completely into my life. From your sweet kindness to your caring, sassy, bold, stubborn, and fascinating character. Everything about you makes my heart race a thousand miles, you're laughter fills me with joy, your smile washes away my worries, your eyes leave me breathless when you look at me, and you're absolutely breathtaking because you're the closest thing to perfection I've ever seen. The heart that you have is filled with so much love and it amazes me, I feel honored that your caring heart has a place for me...that it has love to share for someone like me, the love you've given to me is something that I've come to cherish in my life and I hope that my feelings for you have reached your heart."

Crystal's eyes widen and she felt more tears fall from her eyes, Hotch took a deep breath before continuing.

"You scare me a lot Crystal, you scare me because I haven't felt this way in a very long time. You make me feel like I can do anything, you make me strong, you make me brave, you make me courageous, you make me feel warm....you make me feel safe and I never thanked you for that."

"You make me feel safe too Aaron..." Crystal whispered as she sniffled, "You make me want to do everything I thought I couldn't do." Hotch smiled at her words and he cleared his throat.