43.0: Christmas & Secrecy

A/N: This story will be based on 6x13 The Thirteenth Step and some reference to 6x12 Corazon 

"Nothing is lost. . .Everything is transformed."
― Michael Ende

Crystal smiled as Garcia placed a Santa hat in front of her, Garcia pleaded the team to play Secret Santa and they obliged. Crystal took out a name and hummed, "Interesting."

"Who'd you get?" Crystal smiled over at Reid, "If I told you, it'd ruin the fun Doc." Garcia nodded, "No telling! Christmas is right around the corner and I want your first Christmas with the team to be special." Crystal smiled at her as she moved onto Seaver and Rossi, they both took out a name and Garcia turned back to Crystal.

"Will you go give Hotch his name?"

"Is there a reason why I'm doing it?"

"Because he's been in his office all day which most likely means he's stressed." Garcia handed her the hat and Crystal smiled, "He's not scary Garcia." Crystal stood up and walked over to Hotch's office and Emily sighed, "Funny how she's the only one who thinks that."

Crystal knocked on his door before entering, Hotch looked up to see her and his face relaxed as his lips twitched. "Secret Santa?"

"You get the honor of having the last name." Crystal smiled before handing him the hat, he reached his hand into the hat and pulled out a piece of paper. Crystal raised an eyebrow, "Are you gonna tell me who you got?"

Hotch gave a light chuckle, "I think Garcia would be upset if I did," Crystal smiled, "True, she would." Crystal gently ran her thumb over his forehead, "Take a break Hotch, don't overwork yourself." Hotch nodded and reached up to hold her wrist, "I will, ice cream night?"

"Of course."

___

It was the next day and Crystal sighed as she saw the T.V in the office turned to the news, they were being called on a case where there was a shooting at a gas-station. Crystal walked over to her desk and noticed Emily who was frowning, "You okay?" Emily looked up shocked but relaxed when she realized it was Crystal, "Yeah, why?"

"Em, you just jumped and you're picking your nails." Crystal smiled at her and she returned a small one, "It's nothing."

"Okay, so how was your night?"

"I went salsa dancing." Emily stated and Crystal smiled at her, "That sounds nice, must've been fun." Emily picked at her nails again before sighing, "An old friend called and I'm just nervous about what they wanted." Crystal hummed, "Well, have you heard what they said yet?"

"No they accidently called Garcia, I'm going to call them back later once I have time."

"Then don't stress yourself out, maybe they just want to catch up." Crystal shrugged and Emily nodded, "Maybe."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Crystal asked with a worried look, Emily looked really nervous. Emily looked up at her and smiled, "No, you're probably right and I'm just being a over exaggerating the situation.  I'll come find you if I need to talk though, promise." 

"Okay, let's head up then?" Crystal smiled and Emily smiled back, "Yeah, let's focus on the case."

___

Crystal and Emily sat down, Rossi raised an eyebrow. "Where's Seaver?"

"She had to take a test at the academy," Emily answered and Hotch walked in passing out the tablets and files, "We've all seen the news, mass murder in Miles City, Montana. Six people killed and shot at a gas-station."