12.0: Trouble and Solutions

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
― Barack Obama

On the jet Crystal sat next to Hotch and across from Rossi and Emily, she could feel Rossi's eyes on her. "Is there a problem Rossi? You've been staring for awhile." Crystal didn't look look up from her file and Rossi chuckled, "I'm just wondering what Strauss was so worked up about to deliver this case herself."

Morgan chuckled, "Nice communication skills Rossi, but he's right. We're all curious, this case doesn't really scream urgency enough for her to deliver it herself." Crystal looked over at Hotch, "I think I understand what you meant when you said there's no such thing as small talk with the team."

Hotch hummed as he continued to read the file, Crystal turned to look at the team who were now all listening in. "Apparently Strauss has a bit of a problem with me staying after hours to help Agent Hotchner with some paperwork." Emily eye's widen, "Did she talk to you about it?" 

Hotch shook his head, "She brought her concerns up with me, but I handled it. There's nothing wrong with a coworker and friend helping out with paperwork, she said so herself that there's no problems within the paperwork. There are many people within the Unit helping each other, she's just trying to single us out." 

Crystal raised an eyebrow at Hotch, "What happened to being potential friends until we've known each other for at least another month?"

"I did say give or take." Hotch shrugged as his lips twitched a bit and Crystal gave a smile, JJ looked at them suspiciously. "You're sure Strauss's gonna drop it?" 

"I've made it clear that Agent Archer and I are both professional with nothing going on, I told her if she really did have a problem with our friendship then she should tell the director to come talk to me about it."

"Agent Hotchner if I didn't know any better, I would think you sassed her."

"Wouldn't imagine doing that Agent Archer." Morgan chuckled at their antics, it was nice to see them get along well. Garcia's face popped up on the screen, "Hey, I looked into the families and nothing connects them except the girls taking ballet classes together."

Emily tilted her head, "What about Abigail's parents? Did we find out why they didn't report her missing?"

"I checked with the local police and it turns out her parents are on a business trip, Abigail was staying with her grandmother who fell ill a couple days ago." Reid was leaning against the table, "That explains why she didn't realize Abigail was missing, she's been in and out of the house while the grandmother's in bed sick."

"The unsub could have known this, were they able to tell if she was killed by the side of the road or transferred there?" JJ asked as she stood next to Reid, "The road is near the woods and they determined that she was killed near them before being transferred to the side of the road, they think her feet were smashed by the road."

Hotch nodded, "Are the Lamb's back from their trip?" 

"Yes they arrived last night to ID the body."

Hotch looked at the team, "When we land I want Morgan and Prentiss to go to the crime scenes to see if you can find anything, there might be something they missed. Reid and I will go to the station where he can analyze the notes, I'll talk with the police to see if they have any possible leads. JJ, Archer, and Dave I want you guys to interview the families, maybe there's another connection."

They all nodded, Crystal looked back at the file in her hands and Emily stared at her a bit. "You'll tell us if Strauss comes to bother you again right?" Crystal looked up at her, "I don't think she'll bother me, we're on a case."