53.0: Flowers & Diving In

A/N: Continuation of 6x22 Out of the Light

"Your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don't make it wait any longer."
― Steve Maraboli

Crystal sighed as she saw people outside the station, they were trying to see who they've arrested. Seaver walked over to her, "Angela's family's here, I'm going to go ahead and question them."

Crystal nodded, "Do you need me in there?"

"No, I should be good." Seaver smiled at her, "Come grab me if someone makes you feel uncomfortable." Crystal smiled, "Will do Trainee." Crystal watched her leave with a family and Crystal watched as the Sheriff walked Talbot to the interrogation room, Hotch and Rossi walked over to her. Crystal smiled as Hotch moved her hair from her face, "Have the families arrived?"

"Only Angela's, we're waiting on the Owens." Crystal answered and Hotch nodded, "Come find me when they arrive, I'll interview them."

"I can handle it." Crystal said playfully and Hotch reached out to hold her face as he rubbed his thumb over her cheek, "I know, but I also know that right now you're very uncomfortable. I'll take some of the attention away from you, you doing okay?"

Crystal smiled at him, "Yeah, I'm not one for the spotlight." Hotch nodded as he walked to interrogate Talbot, Rossi cleared his throat. "For someone who isn't one for attention, you and Aaron sure know how to focus on each other."

"Rossi." Crystal gave him a look and he smiled, "Anyways, you should get lessons on swimming. Why don't I buy a pool for you as a present and we put it in my backyard for a day, you and Jack can learn how to swim together."

Crystal tried not to smile, the idea was sweet and Crystal knew Rossi was worried about her not knowing how to swim. "Okay Rossi, thank you."

"No problem kid." Rossi chuckled as he turned to walk after Hotch, Crystal raised an eyebrow as she saw Hotch and the Sheriff walking outside. Rossi stared after them and shrugged at Crystal, a couple minutes later Hotch walked back in alone and she went over to him.

"I'm guessing he did something?" Crystal smiled as she fixed his crooked tie and his stern look relaxed, "He's frustrated, but that won't get us anywhere if we can't get Talbot to talk." Crystal hummed as she looked back up at him, "How'd he react?"

Hotch's lips twitched, "He'll get over it." Seaver walked over to them and smiled, "Marcy's parents are here, but I can talk to them if I'm interrupting?" Crystal gave her a look, "You're hilarious Trainee, Hotch will go interview them." Seaver nodded and left with a smile back to Angela's parents, Crystal smiled when she felt Hotch move her hair out of her face.

Hotch walked over to the room with the family before turning to look at her, "You've got something on your face." Crystal raised an eyebrow as she gently wiped her face, she didn't find anything and sighed.

Why's he always saying that for? There's nothing there....

___

Crystal was back in the room with the board, Morgan and Reid had called stating that Talbot had a red room with 54 pictures of young girls who looked terrified. Hotch and Seaver were still interviewing the families while Rossi was still with Talbot, Crystal's phone rang and she picked up. "Hey there girl wonder, do you have something?"

"Yes, but not about the case. There's been a flower shipment to you."

"Who's it from?" Crystal asked as she put her phone on speaker as she looked at a file.

"By someone named Ben."

Crystal dropped her file and it scattered all over the floor, Crystal sighed as she bent down to pick up the papers. "Does it say why he sent them?"