82.0: Some Things Never Change

WARNINGS: THERE'S SWEARING

One scene is inspired by Grey's Anatomy because I rewatched an episode last night and it inspired me~

"A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow."
― Richard Bach

Crystal had gone home the day after the team left, even with Hotch's protests, since her injuries weren't deadly and her ribs were healing nicely. Crystal and Jason could walk perfectly fine on their own but Crystal wanted to keep the wheelchairs longer, but her mom made her return it with Jason's since she had caught Crystal and Nick racing against Jason and Tyler.

Her mom hadn't been happy about it and scolded them about how they could injure themselves again, but did let them have one last race with the wheelchairs before returning them. Crystal had been home for a day now and Hotch had called her every evening and night. She smiled as Jack read her a story just like he did the first night she was in the hospital, he had wanted her to be there for his bedtime. Hotch had to explain why Crystal wasn't coming over to see them for awhile, Crystal could tell Jack was pouting the first time he called.

"Did my daddy make you mad again?"

"No Jack, he didn't. I'm just....injured right now and I need time to get better."

"So you'll come see me when you're better?"

"Promise."

Crystal listened to him read her The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and smiled when Hotch had to take over because Jack grew tired. Once Jack had fallen asleep Crystal laughed at Hotch, "You told him I was mad at you that one time?"

"He asked why you weren't coming over anymore and I didn't want to lie."

"How'd he take it?"

"He didn't talk to me for 2 hours since he was upset at me making you upset."

Crystal enjoyed their phone calls, Hotch would talk about his day and make sure that she was okay. Hotch wasn't the only one who called though, the rest of the team would try and call her when they could and if they found another team member on the phone with her then they would try and join in. This made Crystal laugh and happy, things were still the same even with her away from the team.

___

"How're you feeling?"

"The same since you called me at lunch time Aaron." Crystal smiled at Hotch's worried tone, she knew he meant well but she couldn't resist teasing him. Crystal laid in bed and had an ice pack to her side, "You called a bit late today, everything okay?" 

"I was away on a case, I was hoping to call you with Jack so I waited."

"Did you have a good day? How was the case?"

"As good as one can get and the case went okay, Jack's asleep already since I came home late."

Crystal hummed at his words, it had been almost a week since she's been home from the hospital and she missed everyone. "I hope Jess didn't mind."

"She was okay with it, she misses you."

Crystal smiled at this, her and Jess did get occasional coffee or lunch when they could. Crystal sighed, "I miss her too, I miss the team and everyone."

"Even me?"

Crystal laughed at his mocking tone, "I suppose I miss you."

"I miss you a lot Crystal."

Crystal blushed at his forwardness and smiled, "I miss you a lot too Aaron."

"How's your side?"