42.0: Heading Home

A/N: This is Crystal's outfit home, the apron you can ignore until later in the chapter~ Promise it'll make sense later in the chapter!

"The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor: he took my measure anew every time he saw me, whilst all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me."

― George Bernard Shaw

Crystal smiled as Jack happily handed her his backpack, "We're going on a trip!"

"Sure are bud," Crystal smiled over at Jess, "You're welcome to join, it shouldn't be more than one day and a night." Jess shook her head, "You guys go have fun, maybe next time." Jess smiled as Jack ran over to hug her before he pulled Crystal to their car, Jess looked over at Hotch with a smirk. "I'll meet them at the wedding anyway."

Hotch turned and gave her a look, "You're so funny."

"I know, you try and relax and turn off your phone." Jess smiled at him before walking over to Jack and Crystal, Hotch's lips twitched as he watched this. Just then Tyler and Nick pulled up next to them, Tyler got out of the car and smiled at them. "Hey there."

Jack waved at him while hiding his face in Crystal's flannel, "Hi."

"I'm Tyler, Crystal's big brother." When Tyler said this Jack smiled and went over to hug him, Tyler laughed before picking him up. Hotch came over to them, "Are you sure we won't be intruding?"

"Don't worry Mr. Agent, our parents know you're coming along and they're really happy." Nick stated as he made faces at Jack, Crystal turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "What exactly did you tell them?"

"That you were bringing a guy home."

"Nick!"

"Kidding! I told them that your boss who also happens to be a friend who also happens to be the guy you spent a whole night in the woods with was coming over." Nick smiled at her and she rolled her eyes before smacking his shoulder, Nick pouted and turned to Jack. "You see how mean she is?"

Jack shook his head, "No, Crystal's the nicest person I know." Tyler hummed as he put Jack down, "You're right, Nick's just a wimp."

"Hey!" Crystal sighed as she looked over at Hotch, "Still wanna go?" Hotch gave her a small smile as he moved her hair out of her face, "If you'll still have us." Crystal smiled and turned to her brothers, "Alright, let's get driving or we'll never make it there before noon. We've got a 5 hour trip, get in the car."

___

Driving with Hotch was interesting, Jack was up for most of the ride and wanted to listen to the radio. Jack also liked to sing along to any song he knew, Crystal would smile at him and laugh when he begged Hotch to sing along.

Jack had fallen asleep and Crystal cleared her throat, "I'm going to assume that I'm sworn to secrecy about you singing the Duck Song?"

"Not a word Archer." Hotch stated and Crystal laughed quietly, his glare didn't reach his eyes that were swimming with amusement.

___

When they finally arrived at her parent's house she watched with amusement as Nick raced out of the car, "Chris tell Ty to stop being mean to me!" Crystal sighed as she patted his head, "That sounds like a you problem Nicky."

Jack rubbed his eyes as Hotch carried him, Crystal smiled at him and he reached over for her. Crystal took him and Hotch smiled over at them, Tyler got out of the car and walked over to them. "Nick, your voice is annoying."

"I-"

"Is that almost all of my beautiful children here to visit their mother?!" Crystal turned to see her mother walking over to them with a wide smile, "And you brought a kid!" Crystal's mother looked happily at Jack who gave her a sleepy smile, "You look like Crystal."