19.0: Downward Spiral on the Case

"This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change."
― Taylor Swift

Crystal and Hotch sat silently as they worked on the files, they just got back from a case in Boston. Crystal yawned a bit as she looked down at her watch.

Only 1:30 AM

Hotch looked up at her, "Tired?" 

"How'd you come up with that idea?" Hotch gave her a small smile as she returned it, he then coughed a bit. Crystal gave him a worried look, "You okay Hotch?"

"I'm fine."

"And I'm the director. Now that we're done telling lies, you feeling okay?" Crystal scooted forward and placed her hand on his forehead.

He feels a bit warm.

Hotch sighed as he leaned a bit against her hand, "It's nothing, something's just stuck in my throat."

"You feel a bit warm."

"That's how you can tell I'm alive Archer." Crystal bit her lip to hide her smile, it didn't work since Hotch saw it anyway. Crystal got up, "I'll make you some tea, doesn't hurt to be safe."

Crystal stood up and made her way to the kitchen as she heard him cough again, she added honey and lemon for his throat. Once she returned to the couch she handed him the cup, he took it with a sigh. After she made sure he was actually drinking it she picked up on the paperwork where she left off.

Hotch finished the tea some time later and his coughing was still present, but it wasn't as often. It was around 2:00 AM when they finally finished the paperwork, Crystal saw Hotch to the elevator. "Make sure you take some medication before you go to sleep."

Hotch gave her a smile as he nodded, "I will Agent, have a goodnight." Crystal waved at him as the doors closed. Crystal headed back in to finally climbed into bed, she closed her eyes and went to dream land.

___

Crystal heard her phone going off, she let out a groan as she put on her glasses to read her bedside clock.

6:28 AM

Crystal grabbed her phone, "This is Archer and this better be important."

"Good morning to you too, we've got a case." 

Crystal sighed at JJ's words, "How bad?" Crystal walked into her bathroom, she put her phone on speaker.

"They have four bodies and it's only been two weeks."

"I'll be right there."

Crystal hung up as she got ready, she grabbed an apple.

Apple a day keeps annoying brothers away.

___

When Crystal entered the conference room she took a seat between Hotch and Reid, she looked at Hotch. "Feeling better?"

"I'm not dead." 

"That's the spirit." Crystal smiled at him and his lips twitched, Garcia came through the door. "Sorry, I was busy."

Morgan gave her a look, "Oh? What kind of busy baby girl?" Before Garcia could reply Hotch cleared his throat, "Let's get started please." JJ nodded as she grabbed the remote, "Michigan has a case where people are being abducted from their cars and murdered in Porcupine state park, the bodies are found thrown off a cliff." Four bodies showed up on the screen as Garcia cringed and looked away, Emily looked through the file. "I'm guessing this wasn't cause of death?"