94.0: Just For It To Sail Again

A/N: This chapter is based on 7x24 Run

WARNINGS: KIDNAPPING HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER

"Understanding is not absolutely final. What's now right could be wrong later."
― Toba Beta

Crystal winced and someone was shaking her awake, she opened her eyes and it was Emily. "Hey, c'mon you gotta get up. You're hurt Archer, let's get you up." Emily helped her up and Crystal coughed, she winced and shook Emily off of her. "Go look for more hostages and Will, I'll head back out." 

"Crystal-"

"Promise I'll go out, I'll be okay." Crystal smiled before walking towards the door, she was about to reach it when it was kicked in. Hotch stood there panting and quickly hugged her, "You weren't answering, are you alright?"

"Yeah, coms got destroyed and the radio is just ringing and screeching."

"Where's Prentiss?"

"Looking for Will and other survivors." Crystal answered and winced again, Hotch lifted her up bridal style and carried her out. Crystal blinked at the light blinding her when someone called out to them, "Mr. Agent!" Crystal sighed and looked over at Nick, "Why're you here?"

"I got called in to help with the trauma here since I was closer here than to the hospital." Nick answered quickly and turned her head, "That looks bad, but you won't need stitches."

"Nick-"

"Carry her over here." Nick ordered and Hotch followed him, he put her on the back on the ambulance ledge and gently held her face. "I have to go help profile the bomb, stay here and recover."

"I'm-"

"I know, you're fine, but put my mind at ease and just recover a bit before heading back out." Hotch kissed her before leaving and Crystal let Nick clean her up, "You have a thesis to write."

"It can wait." Nick told her and wiped her wound, Crystal winced and looked back at the bank. "We didn't profile a bombing, we need to find the partner." Nick put alcohol on her wound to disinfect it, "I thought he died in the blast?"

"No confirmed deaths of our unsubs and the Queen's got a different partner, a true partner."

"Of course." Nick sighed and they heard a whistle, Crystal groaned and glared at Jason. "Why're you here now?"

"Are you forgetting your older brother is a firefighter?" Jason told her and he was dressed up in his gear, "We ran into the chief who invites me to these seminars at the park when he was called on duty, he asked for a hand and I agreed."

"Jack and Amy-"

"Are back at the apartment, safe and sound." Jason told her and put his helmet on, "I'm only here to put out the fire and look for other potential hostages in the building, I'm not doing anything crazy." Crystal stared at him before nodding, "The unsubs are still out there, be cautious and stay safe." Jason gave a nod before putting on his helmet and heading towards the building, what a way to spend a family vacation.

 "Tyler wants to head down here."

"Absolutely not, tell him to stay at his company." Crystal said sternly and Nick put a bandage on her head after putting some ointment on her wound, "I already did, told him that if he came right now that would just make things more complicated. You don't seem to have a concussion, but be careful. Okay?"

Crystal stood up and hugged him, "You too, this was most likely a distraction and if that's correct then they're escaping. Stay close to the other agents and report anything suspicious, I mean it Nicky."