38.0: Unprofessional & Realized Feelings

A/N: Just wanted to make it clear that the main focus of this chapter isn't the case, but the interactions with Hotch, Crystal, and Miller. So the case isn't really that developed (sorry if that's what you were expecting) and the case is a bit fast paced but I promise you're gonna enjoy the ending :)

WARNING: THERE'S SWEARING

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
― Rob Siltanen

Rossi and Reid had went downstairs to look at the bodies of the victims, Miller and Jones were supposed to show them the way. So why was Miller currently standing between Hotch and Crystal?

Crystal looked over at Hotch who was frowning again, he looked over at her and she gave him a smile. His face relaxed a bit before he frowned again when Miller cleared her throat, "So is there anything sticking out?" 

Miller looked over at Hotch who was looking at the board, Crystal hummed. "These attacks look random, but we think that there's a connection somewhere since these women were killed in the middle of the night away from their homes." Miller rolled her eyes as she looked over at Crystal with a fake smile, "Thank you, but I wasn't really asking you miss."

Crystal's eyes widen before narrowing at Miller and Hotch's jaw clenched, "It's Agent, not 'miss' detective. Agent Archer out ranks you and you will show her respect." After saying that Hotch left the room, Miller turned to glare at Crystal. "Are you and Agent Hotchner involved?"

"How is that relevant to the case?"

"That's a yes?" Crystal sighed at Miller's words and tried to walk away until she grabbed her arm, Crystal looked at Miller up and down. "I suggest if you want to keep this hand you'll let me go detective, don't mess with someone above you, and no, I'm not talking about rank." Crystal grabbed her hand and tightened her grip on it as she stared Miller in the eyes, Miller swallowed with narrow eyes but let go. Crystal scoffed at her, "All that to just be intimated?"

Crystal didn't wait for a response and sighed as she walked out of the room, she raised an eyebrow at Morgan and Prentiss.

When did they return?

"Everything okay?" Morgan asked as he watched with narrowed eyes as Miller walked out of the room, Crystal shook her head. "I don't know what's wrong with Detective Miller, but it seems as if she has a problem with me?" Emily looked at her confused, "How so?"

"Well for starters, she randomly asked me if my last name was Hotchner, then she asked a question about the case and called me 'miss' instead of Agent when I answered, she just grabbed me randomly back there asking if Hotch and I were involved." Crystal let out a frustrated sigh, "I don't know what her problem is, but I'd wish she would focus on the case."

Emily smiled as she shook her head, "Oh God, this is hilarious." Crystal looked at her confused, "What?"

"This is gonna be interesting." Morgan chuckled and Crystal sighed, "Guys, I'm really not in the mood for games." Emily shrugged, "Archer, she's into Hotch. That's why she's being cold and snappy at you, because she's jealous of you."

Crystal laughed, "Jealous? No." 

"She is, knowing you and Hotch you both have probably done your normal routine of being friendly." Emily nodded towards Miller who was sitting at her desk frowning and would look up to try and glare at Crystal, "That's a woman who wants to eat your heart out Archer, she's jealous of how he only ever looks at you."

Crystal frowned at this, "He doesn't only look at me and we aren't together." Morgan raised an eyebrow, "Did you tell her that?"

"She asked, but I may have lost my composure because she was pissing me off so I didn't answer." Crystal stated and Morgan chuckled, "Well let us know if she gets to much, even if this is sort of amusing we're on a case and she shouldn't be disrespecting you." Crystal relaxed and smiled at them, "I'm sure things will calm down, how was the crime scene?"