4.0: Uncovered Truth

"Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you."
― John Green

"Send them in please, Garcia continue to track the bank accounts to see if we can pinpoint where the unsub is keeping them." Hotch says while Crystal stands up, "Mr. Summers I will be questioning you again with the Mitchell's also present. I will be having one of my team members Agent Jareau with me this time, I have a hunch about something." Morgan raised an eyebrow, "Care to share?" Crystal shook her head, "I need to confirm it first, it's a bit of a long shot. If I'm right we could possibly get the motive and some suspects."

"What about the twins? They could have done it." Emily asked but Crystal shook her head, "We don't have a motive and without any motive we can't really assume it's them, they could actually be kidnapped."

"We need to get the profile out." Hotch said as he looked at Crystal with a some what stern look, they were running out of time. "Do you trust me Agent Hotchner?" Crystal asked looking him in the eye, she knew they were on a timed schedule but she needed to be sure about one thing. "Excuse me?"

"Do you trust me?" Crystal asked again and Hotch held her gaze in silence for a while before answering her.

"I don't know you well enough to trust you, but I trust your skills. You were technically supposed to be an FBI Agent a long time ago." Hotch answered honestly and that was all she needed, "Then I need you to trust me on this even if it is based on my skills, I think what we are about to find out could help us understand better on why these kids were taken." 

Reid raised his eyebrow, "You were meant to be an FBI Agent?" he asked curiously and based on the look Rossi had even he didn't know this information. 

"The account is registered to someone with the initials M.D! Says here that they created the account 2 months ago and I don't see a full name for the initials." Garcia said as she continued typing, "Good keep looking, see if there is anyone in town with those same initials." Hotch asked as he looked back at Crystal.

"Excuse me are you the FBI?" Hotch and Crystal turned towards the door, "Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell?"

"Yes, me and my wife met two of your agents at our house?"

"I'm Agent Archer and I have some follow up questions I would like to ask with Mr. Summers present as well. Agent Jareau will also be accompanying us, lets step out into another room." Crystal went for the door to help lead them out, but things started to get ugly. 

"Your daughter is to blame! Why couldn't she get kidnapped by herself? Why drag my daughter with her?"

"Mable don't start."

"Really Mable? My daughter? Your son is the one who's most likely to blame with the stupid acts he does and your daughter probably spent your money to the ground while owing money to other people. My daughter is the victim here!"

JJ got up to get in between the families, "Everyone please calm down, we won't get anywhere from just arguing! Your children are the ones at risk." They weren't listening to her and continued to argue, Emily and Rossi tried to help as well. Meanwhile Mr. Mitchell seemed to be looking at the picture of Riley on the board.

I think I need to test out my theory

"Mr. Mitchell? May I ask you something?"

"Anything if it means the kids come back okay."

"You were in love with Mrs. Summers weren't you?" This had caused everyone to become silent and Mrs. Mitchell looked livid, "Excuse me?"

"You were very close to her before you guys met your significant others, you paid for all her expenses, you're worried for Riley as much as you are for your own children which your wife does not reciprocate, and you look at Riley's picture with so much sadness I can only assume that she takes after her mother. You look at that photo and I see only one thing which is longing, you also aren't wearing a wedding ring."