A Better Outlook on Life

Cream's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning and decided to head to the bathroom to wash off. I wasn't sure what to think other than recovering from the shock. Looking inside the bathroom drawers, I noticed that Mr. Shadow didn't have a lot of soap or other things. I would just have to deal with what I had for right now. Cheese helped to fluff up my ears to make them look less of a mess. "Chew chew cho!" he told me cheerily. "Yeah, I do look nice! I know mom would say the same! Thanks for helping me out!" I replied.

He gave a small grin as I curved my ears out. Once I was done, we both left the room where Mr. Shadow was making breakfast. "Oh, morning Cream. Made you some eggs." he told me, putting a plate on the table. "Yay! Thank you Mr. Shadow!" I smiled and was more than revealed. "No worries Cream." he said and wash dishes that were in the sink. 

Something about today made me extremely excited. Maybe it was just the fact that it was another day? I'm not sure. Happiness was always a part of my nature! Besides, my mom wouldn't want me to be sad and gloomy. 

"You doing alright?" Mr. Shadow asked. "I'm doing better! Even if yesterday was a sad day, I'm trying to put on a bright face and have a good attitude! It's what my mom would've wanted!" I smiled. He gave some sort of smile but for some reason, he still looked sad. In fact, I looked over his head and saw there was a weird ghost raindrop over his head. It was weird, but it helped me realize how sad he was. "Why are you sad Mr. Shadow?" I asked at last. "W-What? I'm not sad. Just a little tired is all." he reassured. "You seem sad though." I said. He looked down but then looked back up with a smirk. "You sure are caring, I'll give you that. Now, how do you feel about going to a quick gathering?" he asked. 

A gathering?! "Will there be cupcakes?" I asked excitedly. "They said there would be, just for you." he smiled. "Then yes! I do wanna go!" Shadow chuckled, picked me up, and let me ride on his shoulders. "Hold on tight!" he warned getting into a running position. This was the best part! "Mush!" I said, and he bolted out of the house.