A Final Mission (Wanna be Sonamy)

Cream's P.O.V

I was surprised to hear everything from where we were. I think Tails, Cheese, and Charmy were a little bit surprised too. "Well, I know dinner is going to be awkward tonight!" Charmy said at last once we saw everyone out of the house. We got up and stretched out before heading for the door. When we walked outside, we looked over our notes. "Okay, so we've got these guys covered. Where should we go next?" Tails asked. "Hmm. How about Mr. Sonic's? We haven't seen if he likes anyone!" I suggested.

"We might be wasting our time but, only to make you happy!" Tails replied giving me a bashful smile. "We'll have to be sneaky though, he's usually alert around this hour. He'll be asking why all three of us are around his place." We nodded and decided to head that way to his house. 

~ At Sonic's Place ~

We finally made it to the house where we set up some stuff so we could spy from a small window close to his house. "Alright, if I'm correct, we should be able to see him from this window and if he happens to come outside, we should see him right here. " Tails explained. I smiled happily and Charmy gave a thumbs up. "Here he comes!" I said and we ducked into a bush. He came down the stairs from the room we were looking in and stretched out. 

For a long time, he didn't do anything. We were getting bored inside of that bush. All he did was sleep, eat, and watch tv. 

If this is all Mr. Sonic did when he wasn't saving the world, I might have to bring him a box of checkers. That's when we heard footsteps from behind us and turned around to see who it was. It was Amy! She looked happy walking up to the door and knocked. We watched Mr. Sonic walk to the door a little grumpy but he brightened up a bit before he opened it up to see her. 

Sonic's P.O.V

Oh god. I was hoping she wasn't going to come this time. Even so, I'm not that mean, I walked up and answered the door. There she stood at my front door, giving me a big smile. "Hi Sonic! It's nice to see you!" she said and reached up to hug me. "Uh, nice to see you too Ames!" I said patting her on the back. "So, I wanted to know if you wanted to come to get a quick bite with me? You can decide!" she asked me.

Sometimes I wish she could read my mind or my expressions. Or at least take a hint. She always wants to go on dates with me! She's my friend and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but at the same time, I really wasn't interested in anything with her. "Oh, well, I'm actually doing something later on so... it won't work out!" I said trying to put up a fake alibi. "What are you doing?" she asked. From the tone in her voice, I knew she didn't believe me. "Well, um, I've got-" I said trailing off. 

"He's got dinner with me and Mr. Shadow!" went a voice. We both looked around and saw Cream, Tails, Charmy, and Cheese come around the corner happily. "That's right! And, uh, I didn't want to be rude! Especially since Cream is hard to say no to!" I explained. I could only hope she believed me.

Amy's P.O.V

I wasn't sure if I believed him or not but then again here they were skipping up to his door probably coming to bring him back to Shadow's place. Another failed attempt. I only wish I could have one date. Just to show him how I feel about him. "Well, I guess I can't keep you away from this evening dinner! Have fun you guys! I'll talk to you soon Sonic!" I replied and gave him a hug before heading off. 

Sometimes I wonder if the world is on my side. But, it's not. Is it so wrong to love someone with everything in your heart? I guess so. I took a deep breath before heading off. 

Sonic's P.O.V

Cream's a lifesaver! "Thanks! I needed that!" I thanked them. "No worries Mr. Sonic! I knew you were getting frustrated so we decided to be a diversion!" she explained. "We're happy to help!" Tails added. "I'm only here cause they told me to come." Charmy said. I smiled but then suddenly something crossed my mind. "Wait how'd you know what was going on?" I asked them. Suddenly they looked a little panicked but tried their best to talk. "Well, you see, we were playing around in the area and decided to come visit you! I wanted to see you so, here we are!" Tails explained. 

Either way, I was happy to see their faces. "Aw, thanks, little buddy! It's been a while!" I said and hugged him tightly. "I appreciate you guys coming to check on me. If you don't mind me saying, I appreciate Amy, she's my friend! I mean, she's your friend too! But... sometimes I wish she didn't always bother me. All I want her to do is forget about me and find someone else out there." I explained. 

They looked sympathetic for me. "Heh, sorry. Sometimes I just don't have anyone else to talk to." I apologized, knowing they were just kids. "It's okay! We all need a friend to talk to!" Charmy reassured. "Chew Chew!" Cheese chimed. "Well, I appreciate it. I needed that backup! Or she was never going to let it go!" I said, rubbing my back quills. "I guess I better go on now! Have a nice one!" I told them and headed back towards my house. "Wait! Mr. Sonic!" I heard Cream shout to me. She looked excited and ran up to me. "I know we were only doing it to protect you, but do you want to come to join me, Cheese, and Mr. Shadow for dinner? It'll be fun! Tails can join us! So can you Charmy if you want!" she offered. 

"Oh, I shouldn't! It's too much!" I replied embarrassed. The thought of eating dinner with Faker just gave me a weird vibe. I knew it'd be a bad idea. "I can't, Vector and Espio would want me back just to have me safe and stuff. Otherwise, I would!" Charmy replied. "Well, I can! C'mon Sonic please!" Tails begged. Cream was also waiting for an answer, her eyes sparkling. "Look, I really do appreciate the offer! But it'd be rude to intrude your home! Especially with Shadow there!" 

That's when Cream's mood shifted and she looked down to the ground. "It's ok, I understand. You probably wouldn't like our company anyway. Goodbye Mr. Sonic. See you soon." she said gloomily and began to walk away. Cheese, Charmy, and Tails all gave me a look and walked to their friend, their own heads down, their feet dragging. Knowing all about what Cream had been through, I knew this wasn't fair. I guess I could put up with Shadow. "Alright, fine! I'll come!" I whined at last. They quickly straightened up and smiled while running up to me. "YAY! Mr. Sonic's coming!" Cream cheered. 

All of them laughed while hugging me tightly. I knew they were happy, which made my heart soar knowing nothing was going to hurt them while I was around. "Alright, might as well make our way there. We can drop off Charmy and pick up food on the way." I told them. They cheered some more as we began to make our way to Shadow's place.