Fixing Two Broken Hearts

Cream's P.O.V

I felt really bad for Mr. Shadow ever since we almost crashed last night. He was just so sad about having his heartbroken. But what could I do about it? I didn't want either of them to be this way forever. Hmm. I wonder. "Mr. Shadow, can Cheese and I go off to play?" I asked him, as he was sitting down at the table with some papers. "Might as well, I've got a ton of paperwork. Just be back before dusk." he replied. "Okay!" "Chew chew!"

We headed outside the door and looked around the place. "We should go pick flowers!" I suggested to Cheese. "Chew chew chew!" Cheese replied. We skipped over to the park where they had these special flowers that lightly glowed when it was dark.

All the flowers were absolutely beautiful! I couldn't wait to surprise Mr. Shadow with all of these! "Remember Cheese, we don't want to pick all of them! If we do, there won't be able left to continue the family!" I told him. "Chew chew!" he replied. "Oh okay! I understand! These flowers are pretty!" I took a small sniff of the flower, remembering how mom would often do so to see how fresh they were. I was so excited to make a huge bouquet of this later!

After we gathered our flowers, we started to walk towards Amy's house so she could help me. "Do you think Mr. Shadow will get better?" I asked Cheese asked as we walked. "Chew chew?" he asked me. "I'm not too sure. It's sad to see him the way he is. Why do you think Mr. Sonic refused him?" "Chew chew?" 

"No, I never did ask him. Maybe that's what we're missing! If we can figure out why he didn't like Mr. Shadow, maybe we could find a way to fix it! Or at least get them to talk to each other again. Either way, no time to waste! We've gotta hurry!" I explained and began to run in the direction of Mr. Sonic's house. "Chew chew!"

Sonic's P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch, reading a book. But every time I'd get to another point in the book, the thought of Shadow crept back into my mind. I screwed up so badly... How could I be so insensitive about his feelings too? I wasn't even sure if I liked him when he asked me out. But now... I feel like I hurt both of us. Do I love him? And if I do... is it even worth it to tell him?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Hm, wonder who that could be. I got up from the couch and opened up the door to see Cream standing there with a bunch of flowers. "Hi Mr. Sonic! How's it doing?" she asked happily, handing me the bunch. "Oh, hey Cream! Hey Cheese! It's nice to see you!" I replied and let her and Cheese come inside the house. It was odd seeing both of them just drop in out of nowhere. "So, whatcha doing coming this way you two?" I asked them. "Chew chew!" Cheese replied. "We came to come to talk to you for a bit!" she replied and both of them sat down on my couch.

"Uh, sure!" I replied, taking my seat. "What would you like to talk about?" I asked her. "I'm not exactly sure what happened... but when Mr. Shadow was driving me and Cheese home, we nearly crashed into a bunch of rocks while he was driving so fast. But I knew he couldn't help it. He was so upset. Did something happen while I was asleep?" she asked me. I was in shock, my emotions began to build up, and I wasn't sure what to say. "U-Um w-well, y-yes and no. We got in an argument after I was trying to cheer him up. But... then he stormed off... that's why he took both of you with him..." I explained, a small tear forming in my eye.

She walked over to me carefully and looked me dead in the eyes. "How do you really feel about Mr. Shadow?" she asked me. I don't why but my cheeks flushed red. "T-To be honest... I think I might like him... but at the same time... how do I know he's not playing with my feelings? I... I just don't want to make the wrong choice." I responded, looking down at the ground.

"But Mr. Sonic, he does love you. He loves you so much!" she replied. "C-Cream,  I know you're just trying to help but-" "Did you ever open up that box he gave you?"