Accepting Her Word

Vector's P.O.V

My head was doing better after getting some sleep. But... for some reason, my heart wasn't any better than before. I still missed Espio. I mean, of course, I did. After everything that had happened. The only thing I couldn't understand was why. Why did I have these weird feelings in my stomach and in my heart? I had to ignore it for right now. When I sat up, I realized Espio's dragon necklace was no longer in my hands. What! Where is it! I couldn't go on without it! It was the only thing I had of his!

I checked all over the sofa, throwing the pillows all over, and then checked under the coffee table. There! I gave a huge sigh of relief. I held it close to my chest, wishing everything was just a bad dream. Yet, everything wasn't going right. I was starting to stand up when something caught my eye.

A blue envelope.

Huh? How did this get here? I took it out from underneath and looked at it. On the back of it, it had my name on it. 

In Vanilla's handwriting...

I can't ever get a break can I? Even though it creeped me out a whole bunch, I knew it must've meant something. I carefully opened it up and took out the letter inside. I was so nervous to open it up. What if this was something I wasn't supposed to open?

You've got nothing to lose.

I took a deep breath and unfolded the letter. It was definitely from her. I decided to read it.

Dear Vector,

I know you probably don't want to receive this letter with everything good that's been happening. But this issue can't wait. It's very important that I tell you this because I'll regret it if I don't. You see, Vector love, I know your heart does not belong to me. This is why I wish to break up with you. We're not meant to be together. Before you protest and come pleading on your knees, I want to explain myself to you. Even though we've known each other for many years now, I feel like you barely know yourself at all sometimes. I've seen how your emotions have changed over time after we started officially started dating. I noticed that you felt somewhat sadder, you were committed but not truly there, and even with me by your side, you always made sure all the children in your life came first. I know you hate being called a softie, but that's what you are! I love that about you though! So sweet and thoughtful about others. Although there's been one friend you've sort of swept under the rug lately. Espio. And this is where my main explanation comes in. You see Vector, with a special necklace, I have the power to see those who are in love and who they are in love with. I know Espio loves you more than anything in this world. You don't have to believe me, but you have to admit that I'm right. You also have to admit that you love him in return. And don't you dare doubt it! Your heart and feelings say it all. I see how you act around him. You're all smiles, relaxed, comfortable, full,  giggly, and most importantly... happy. You've been the best fiance and boyfriend to me! I will always cherish our times together. But now you must go to your soulmate and tell him how you feel. I won't be saddened, in fact, I'll feel relieved that you've found someone you can love forever! So now I ask you to get your butt off the couch, chair, or ground that you're sitting on and go to him! For me! I will always have a special place for you in my heart. It's your turn for you to have your happily ever after! I believe in you! 

Love,

         Vanilla

A teardrop fell down my face as I read the last words of her letter. All I could do was smile. She was forever the compassionate one. Never bitter towards anyone. She must've written this before she passed. I can see why she never gave it to me, her time was already coming by the time she had written this. I loved her since the day I saw her. But... she was never wrong about anything. I thought back to all the times that I had with Espio. I remembered how I felt around him. All my feelings... all my emotions... everything.