Stressed Out Crocodile

Vector's P.O.V

I wish what happened last night was all a dream, but it wasn't. Silver had taken over the couch and fallen asleep. Espio crashed in his room, still snoring loudly this morning. Everything was making my head pound as I thought about all the drama that was going on lately. I couldn't blame Espio if he hated me. I looked at the gift he had given me that was still wrapped up since I hadn't opened it yet.

Maybe it was time I did. Quickly I ripped off the paper to get to whatever it was and finally saw the label for the package. Underneath all that wrapping, was the new headphone set I've been wanting for ages now. And he got for me?

What am I supposed to do now? After everything's that's happened? I don't even know what to say to him when he wakes up.

I guess I didn't have to worry about it now, I heard a groan coming from the living room and went to check it out. "Head... spinning." Silver cried. "Good morning to you too." I said, leaning against the opening of the door. "V-Vector? H-How did I get into your house?" he gasped. "You and Espio just made yourselves welcome. Apparently, you followed him home." I replied. "Really? I don't remember that happening." he said.

"Well, you both were drunk so I doubt either of you could remember. What were you doing out and about anyway?" I asked confused. Silver sat up and rubbed his head, still stressed from his hangover. "I needed a drink cause Blaze rejected me the other day. I just needed something to help me through all the pain. When I got there, Espio, Knuckles, and Shadow happened to be there too. We got drunk and after a while, we left together. From what I remember, Espio was the one that told me to come with him. But then again, I could've followed him on my own will too." he explained.

Taking a deep breath I sat down next to him, trying to collect all my thoughts. Had I really messed up everything so bad? "Is everything okay Vector?" Silver asked confused. "Not really... I feel like I've messed up my friendship with Espio for good..." I said sadly. "Why do you say that?" he asked. "Well... he told me he liked me for a while and I turned him down because I didn't see him that way. Now I feel like I've just hurt his feelings and we might not be friends anymore."

Silver seemed to understand what I was saying, probably understanding what I could be going through. "I'm sure you didn't ruin your relationship. Give it time Vector, you yourself need time to think about things."

"I still think I ruined everything. It's just that... after Vanilla passed away... I didn't think I wanted to be in another relationship. Or with anyone. Knowing I probably hurt someone else hurts me."

"You have a right to your feelings. Just take things one day at a time. If you care about him like this at all, you'll see that it'll work out. Espio isn't at all mad! He'd want you to take your time with this decision!"

Maybe he was right. I needed to relax. But I still couldn't stop thinking about Espio and how I must've caused him so much pain that he drank his pain away. I was stressing myself out just thinking about the whole situation. Did I care about him this much? But why? Of course, I care about him as my best friend! Except... was there something more to it? I'm not sure... 

"I'm going to get some coffee, you want any?" I sighed and walked over. "Yeah, I'll take some if you don't mind," he replied and laid back down on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and started up the machine to make the fresh pot. It started making weird sounds until it filled up the entire pot with coffee. Right as I poured it into our mugs, I heard another loud groan. Walking back into the living room, I saw Espio walk around, still rubbing his head. "What happened?" he muttered.

Gently I had him sit down and handed him my own cup and gave Silver his. "Go ahead you two, I'll just make another." I sighed and went back. Seeing how hurt Espio was made me feel some sort of way. As if my heart could pop out of my chest any minute now. Hopefully, we could talk about whatever we needed to say. That is... if he wanted to talk to me. I made myself another cup and walked into the room where they were still trying to wake up. "You guys feeling better?" I asked. Espio sighed and nodded his head. "I feel decent." he replied. "Same here." Silver replied. "Wait, how did you get in here anyway?" Espio asked him. "Either you told me to come, or I just followed you." he replied. "Really? Wow. We must've really gotten drunk then." he sighed.

When I sat down on the couch and just looked at both of them. Espio seemed to be upset as I just sat there with them. Silver sat there awkwardly, knowing what happened between us. For a while, it was silent, nothing but the ticking of the clock and our breathing. Thank god a knock on the door interrupted all of our thoughts. I got up to answer the door and there stood Blaze at my doorstep. "Oh, hey, Blaze! Um, nice to see you! Unexpected but you're always a joy to see!" I told her.

"Vector! A pleasure to see you too! I know I came unannounced... but I was looking for Silver and I heard from one friend that he came this way. Is he still here?" she asked, her eyes somewhat glistening. "Uh, yeah he is! Give me a minute!" I replied, leaving the door cracked.

I walked back into the living room who both of them looked at me curiously. "Uh, Silv, it's for you," I said nervously and pointed to the door.

 Confused he got up and peeked through the crack and quickly turned away. "Nope! I can't do it!" he said and sat back down on the couch. "Tell her I was never here!" Silver cried and looked at the ceiling. "Aren't you worried about hurting her feelings?" I asked confused. "She'll be fine..." he sighed. I knew he was scared so I got closer to his side and patted his back. "I know you're nervous but... maybe just give her a chance. Whatever might be going on, things get better. You've gotta face it one day. Now, go. She looks upset." I said to him, urging him to go to the door.

Silver took a deep breath and got up to walk to the door. "Here goes nothing..." he sighed and walked out the door before closing the door. I felt better knowing he was going to give it a chance no matter the outcome. "I'm going back to sleep." Espio said grumpily, then marched off to his room. "Wait, Espio! Shouldn't we talk?" I asked worriedly. He stood up straight, not turning back to look at me, but his colors were turning to a dark blue.

"What is there to say?" 

With that, he went back to his room and shut the door. Now I knew I had really screwed things up. I doubt our friendship would ever be the same.