The Planned Attack

Cream's P.O.V

Well, I talked to Tails, Cheese, and Charmy about our plan. Everything seemed to be in place once we were sure of everything. "Are sure this is a good idea?" Tails asked me, worried about this whole plan. "It'll be fine! Mr. Orbot and Cubot told me it shouldn't do anything out of the ordinary other than hit them in the head. But I told them I didn't want anyone to get drastically hurt. "Okayyyy. We trust your judgment. So we just sit here the entire time?" Charmy questioned. "Yep! Things will fly through if we're lucky! Should be here any minute so let's hide it inside the bushes!" I told them, then we hid inside the bush.

Right as we took our places and found a peephole, we watched as the robot started wrecking the trees and plants. Others who were nearby started running off for safety. "Sonic should be here any minute, I sent out an alert!" Tails said, motioning to his watch. "That's good! Now we just wait!" I replied.

We were right! Mr. Sonic, Amy, Knuckles, Ms. Rouge, Mr. Shadow, and Ms. Sally all took part in this battle. "Let's bring it down, guys!" Mr. Sonic shouted. They seemed to into the heat of battle. So all we could do now was bring out the popcorn and watch!

Knuckles' P.O.V

This was it! Just what needed to take my mind off everything. Even... even if she was here, I knew it would help me get past everything that my heart couldn't.

I was ready, I punched into the mainframe of the robot where it started to fry. "Yeah Knucks!" Sonic praised, knowing I had caused most of the damage already. "Let's destroy this thing!" Amy shouted, jumping up in the air, and bringing her hammer down on the robot, basically smashing the things head inside. She was scary whenever she brought that thing out. Where did she even put it? Finally, the robot did break down and just sit there, fizzling and popping due to its malfunctions.

"Yes! We did it!" Sally replied and we went to cheer and give each other high fives. It was a little awkward with the mix of friends there but I mean, I couldn't do anything about it. As the others were talking and bragging about their victory I walked a little closer to the robot and just looked at it. I wasn't sure but the fact that it came out the day after being heartbroken, made me feel surprisingly better.

It'll get better... just gotta move forward. I turned around sadly and began to walk back slowly. I wasn't paying attention too much since I just stared at the ground. "KNUCKLES LOOK OUT!" Shadow warned me. 

Confused why he was so concerned, I turned back. The robot was falling over... onto me.

"Uh-oh."

Rouge's P.O.V

The robot fell on top of Knuckles, he seemed taken off guard so badly, he didn't have time to react. I panicked. "Knuckles!" I shouted, running over to the robot, the others not too far behind him. "Knuckles can you hear me? Say something!" I cried. But I got no response. "Please Knuckles!" I cried. I started to lift up the huge piece of metal. "Help me!" I snapped, tears started to fall down my cheeks.

Shadow and Sonic were able to lift the huge thing up enough where Sally and Amy dragged him out from under it. Knuckles still lied their unconscious, his whole face had dirt and oil on it. "Wake up Knuckles!" I cried. Nothing. "Ugh! You stubborn brute! Why can't you wake up!"

"Hey, it'll be okay Rouge, just relax a little okay?" Shadow reassured me, but I didn't want to. How could I be calm when he's like this!? "Shut up Shadow! Leave me alone! He's hurt and you're not even doing anything to help! I know I was wrong before but just let me stay with him! This is all my fault! I should've been looking after him! But I'm so worried about being a screw-up to do anything about it! Everything we've been through to right now, it's all been my fault!" I cried, hiding my face in my hands. "Just, go away! I can handle this on my own!" I snapped. As I let the teardrops fall down my cheeks, I felt a hand touch my cheek.