Love at All Odds

Silver's P.O.V

Please don't come to apologize... I thought as she stood there, her tail wrapping around her legs. I ruffled my quills and tried to look brave. "Hey, Blaze! Is everything okay?" I asked confused. Right away she shook her head and looked down at the ground. Before I could ask what was wrong, she wrapped her arms around me, sobbing. It was a death hold too. I couldn't pry her off if I wanted to at least.

"I'm so sorry!" she sobbed. Even though it was nice having her so close to me like this, it gave me mixed messages. Finally, I pried her off of me. "If you're sorry about upsetting me, I'm not mad. Just, leave me, Blaze. You'll find someone else. But, don't play with my feelings." I sighed and began to head back inside. "But I don't want someone else!" she cried. What? What is that supposed to mean? "Silver, I'm sorry! I do love you back! I didn't want to say no! I wanted you more than anything else in this world! I was scared!"

I've never heard her cry the way she did. She dropped down to her knees and continued to cry. Seeing her upset, made me upset. I sat down next to her, rubbing her and trying to soothe her pain. "Shhh. I'm right here. Calm down for me okay?" I reassured. She finally did catch her breath, slowly looking at me. "Do y-you h-hate me?"

The fact that she thought that made me sad. Even though I was hurt, it didn't mean I felt anything negative towards her. "No, of course not! I never have... and I never will. I'm just confused..."

She wiped her eyes and hugged me. This time I hugged her back, not wanting to let her go. "I was scared... you're my best friend Silver... and we know just about everything about each other. If I said yes, I knew you'd commit your whole life to me. But I knew it wasn't fair to you for me to drag you into any danger that could happen in the future. My life isn't safe to be involved with! I only wanted to protect you! And if I did except, I was scared you might leave me because it was too much for you to handle!" she explained, tears falling down her cheek and onto the grass.

"Blaze... do you think I didn't know what I was getting myself into? I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want to be involved. I wanted to be the one you came to for comfort, for advice, for anything you needed. Those feelings haven't changed a bit. If I didn't love you or even like you at all, I wouldn't have even talked to you. Everything good that has happened in my life was because I met you." I sighed, wiping away her tears with my thumb. "I'll always love you, Blaze. Whatever the world throws at us, I will be here any time that you need me. There's nothing you can do to chase me away. That's something that I can promise you!" I reassured her.

Gently I held her face in my hands and nuzzled her softly. "You mean everything to me, I'm always worried about you. Even if you don't think I do, it's true. As long as I have you by my side, nothing can hurt me." I added. She snuggled into me, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry..." she choked. I barely smiled and hugged her gently. "I'm not mad! Thank you for everything. If not for you, I'm not sure where I would've been." I reassured. After she wiped her face again, she smiled at me, her amber eyes were glistening.

"P-Please don't push me away," she begged. "Why would I-?" I began but I was interrupted with a kiss on my lips. She wouldn't let go, but I didn't want her to stop. I held the back of her head, kissing back, making sure she couldn't leave my side. After a couple of minutes, we broke our kiss. "I'm sorry Silver... I'll never let you go again." she sighed and laid her head on my chest. "I've already forgiven you. I love you." I whispered. "I love you too." she sighed. We shared one more kiss before getting back up. "Do you still want me as your girlfriend?" 

I smiled softly and continued to hold her close. "Yes, I do." I replied happily. She gave me the biggest smile and refused to let me go. I guess taking Vector's advice wasn't so bad after all. For once, I got something that I've wanted.