Shadow Confides in Eggman

Shadow's P.O.V

After taking three naps and many rounds of pills to make my headache go away, nothing has changed. My heart was still split in two. Sonic would never see me the same way ever again... and thanks to that stupid confession he probably wouldn't talk to me ever again. I looked at the time and decided I should pick up Cream from Amy's place so she wouldn't worry about me more than she probably has. Once I made it, to her house, I was knocked down by the kid herself. "Mr. Shadow! You came back!" she cheered.

To my surprise, Cheese, Tails, and Charmy were more than excited to see me too. "We were worried about you!" Tails said, joining the hug. "We've missed you!" Charmy added, hugging me rather tightly.

Knowing they still cared about my feelings, made me feel better. I felt a small tear slide down my cheek, but I wiped it away as I saw Amy come to the door. "You feeling better?" she asked. I nodded my head and lifted up Cream to carry on my shoulders. "I'm getting there." I sighed, giving a weak smile. "Thanks, Rose. I'm sorry for bothering you with all of it but I just didn't want to-" I tried to apologize but she took my hand gently. "It's fine Shadow! I completely understand! Stay strong." she reassured.

We left after saying goodbye and Cream was more than happy to see me again. "I'm glad you came back! I was worried you were mad at me and that you weren't going to come back." she said at last. "Cream, I wasn't ever mad at you! I just needed some time to myself... to think about everything..." I replied. "Are you going to be okay Mr. Shadow?" she asked fearfully. "I'll be fine. As long as I've got you by my side, everything's gonna be okay."  I told her.

She smiled and we both continued to walk. Thinking about everything I had gone through, I knew I needed to talk to someone other than Rouge and Cream. I can't believe I'm doing this... "Hey, uh, Cream, we're going to see Eggman for a bit." I finally said to her. "Ooh really? This is gonna be fun!" she cheered and she held onto me. As I sped up and headed to his base, I couldn't help but think of Sonic and how he'd speed off into the distance looking for adventure. Stop thinking about him, idiot! He doesn't love you so you need to get over it! I wiped away a tear falling down my cheek and continued running to the base.

We approached the door and finally made it to the entrance and I knocked on the huge metal door. "Behave while we're here okay? I think we both know what happens when someone messes up one of his machines." "Don't worry! I'll be good!" I smiled and held her hand as the door opened for us to walk in. Right there were two of his idiotic robots to greet us. "Oh, hello! Are you here to see the Doctor?" the red one questioned. "Why else would I be here?" I growled. "Be nice Mr. Shadow! Yes, we are Mister! Is he here?" Cream interrupted. "Yes, he actually is! Come this way!" he replied and he allowed us to come in.

Even though I'd been here on multiple occasions, he had really changed up a few things around here.  "Dr. Eggman sir, you have visitors!" the robot said, motioning us forward. Eggman looked up from his machine that he was looking at and lifted up his face mask to get a better look at us. "Oh! If it isn't Shadow the hedgehog and Cream the rabbit! What do I owe the pleasure?" he asked and approached us. 

"Mr. Shadow and I came over to see you because he needed to see you!" Cream explained cheerfully to him. "Oh? Is that now? Well, why don't you go with Orbot and he can show you some really cool stuff around the base!" he told her happily. "Okay! C'mon Mr. Orbot! Show me something really really cool!" she begged and dragged the robot off. "Ahhh! Okay young one!" he shouted as he and Cream just ran off.

When she did, I sensed him come closer to me. "She's gone now, you don't have to hold it back." he reassured me. How did he guess? I didn't hold back. I dropped to my knees and began to sob my heart out. "I-It's n-not f-fair!" I choked. "I know." he reassured and he sat at my side trying to calm me down. "Why does no one love me back?" "I'm sure someone does Shadow. You have to be patient. Love takes time." he replied.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this... I swear I'm not weak..." I sighed. "I know you aren't Shadow... I know. You're just injured. But put a band-aid on and keep moving. It's the only way you'll be able to move on. I know it doesn't feel like it'll ever get better but I promise you things will get better." he said to me in reassurance. "Your perfect someone is out there somewhere. Just stay strong for both you and Cream. I know you don't want her to worry about you. You've never been weak or useless Shadow. Maybe Sonic has his reasons. Maybe neither of you is even ready. Don't beat yourself up about it. This will let a part of yourself be free again." he went on. Everything he said was true. But it still hurt me.

I wiped away my tears and nodded my head. "Thanks..." I sighed. "Anytime Shadow. I'm always happy to listen." he replied, his bushy mustache barely curving upwards. Thinking about everything he had said, it really made me feel confident about what life has in store for me. It's probably for the best that I try to move on. But... my heart would always be sore.

"Now Mr. edgy, let's try to go find your little rabbit before she comes up with more crazy ideas!" he teased and helped me up from the ground. I chuckled trying to shake off all my sadness, then walked with him as we both headed out the doors.

Cream's P.O.V

While Mr. Shadow was talking about whatever he needed to with Mr. Eggman, Mr. Orbot and Mr. Cubot were trying to make sure I didn't get hurt with all the robot stuff. "Watch out kid! Dr. Eggman will kill us if anything happens to you!" Mr. Cubot warned. "I'm fine! Besides you're right there to catch me if I fall!" I replied and looked around and climbing all over the robots that were in the room. Looking at how strong these machines looked, and knowing the situations going on within our friend group, suddenly gave me a good idea.

"*gasp* Mr. Orbot and Mr. Cubot, do you think I can borrow a robot for a little bit?" I asked intently. "Uh, perhaps. Why do you need a robot though?" Mr. Orbot asked curiously.

"I have my intentions!" I replied, giving a big smile. "Alright, well, I guess it can't hurt. What kind do you want?" Mr. Cubot asked. "Hmmm. A really scary one! One that's strong enough to knock someone out maybe?" I asked them. "Perhaps a few of these rare ones the Dr. has made. I'll set up something for later. When would you like to schedule these?" Mr. Orbot asked typing things in his machine.

What day huh? If anything should happen, it should be sometime tomorrow. Most of everyone will be out tomorrow, so maybe it can be put in place then!

"How about tomorrow? My friends should be out and about tomorrow. Then we can lay it out! But I don't want anyone to get hurt, just knock one of them out maybe?" I instructed. "Alrighty kid! We can't stop you from whatever you're planning. It seems like a solid one though! Is there any other reason you need a robot?" Mr. Cubot asked me. "I'm trying to make some ships sail!"

Both of them looked confused but shrugged it off. "I'll let the robots know! We'll make sure it goes off tomorrow!" Mr. Cubot replied at last and started putting up more notes for whatever he needed for the non-fatal attack. Even though they didn't have a heart or a brain, or anything to make them like me or Mr. Eggman, I could see tiny snowflakes over their head. Looks like they need a hug! I smiled and ran up to hug both of my new metal friends. "Thank you Misters!" I thanked almost knocking them over. "Oh, um, no worries!" Mr. Orbot replied. "Yeah, anything for you kid!" Mr. Cubot said. I gave them each one more hug before skipping out of the room to find Mr. Shadow.