Confessions!!! (Gone Wrong??!!)

Sonic's P.O.V

I got an alert on my watch that told me someone needed help in the woods. I was scared someone was hurt and was trapped down here where cell service is terrible. Once I got into the woods where I was called to the first place. "Hey, are you out there? Where are you!" I shouted trying to find whoever it was. For a minute it was quiet. Until I heard a rustle in the woods. "I-I'm over here!" the voice shouted. It sounded familiar but I ignored that fact before racing in that direction.

"This way!" it shouted again. I looked around all over the place and continued to look around for whoever was calling me. I thought I saw something in the distance that looked like smoke. It freaked me out and I dashed to get to the other side of the hill. "I'm here! What's going on-" I asked and saw what all the smoke was really about.

There in front of me, there were a whole bunch of candles, decorations in the trees, and of all my friends... Shadow. He looked well dressed for once. I've never seen him wear a suit though. He looked pretty hot. What am I thinking? I asked myself. Wasn't it wrong to like my enemy? Why was he even here in the first place? "Um... is something wrong?" I asked at last. "N-No... not really... but I needed to talk to you about something." he replied. I felt myself blush and knew I must've been turning red on the outside. "W-Well, what is it?" Shadow took a deep breath and got closer to my side. "Here, just- take it." he began. It was a nice packaged box that seemed stuffed with something. "O-Okay! Sure thing Shads!" 

"A-Anyways... I wanted to tell you that... ever since we met... we've hated each other to the core. I've never wanted to mean anything to you... But suddenly... I feel like my feelings have changed." he explained briefly.

Oh gosh... this was happening. He was literally confessing to me! What was I going to do? He's caught me off guard! Just relax! I mean... I sorta feel the same way... right? I'm not sure! I don't know! "I know you probably hate me and stuff... but it's... I don't see you that way anymore. In fact, all time had done was turn my hate into love. I thought it was a faze. But I was wrong... I... love you Sonic... do you accept?" he asked.

Shoot! I don't know what to say! Do I really like him? I do! But- what if I really don't deep down? I don't want to hurt him! How do I know he's not playing with me? Oh no... I'm not sure! "Sonic... are you okay?" he questioned, noticing I was staring at the ground. I'm sorry Shadow, but I'm not sure we should be together! You deserve someone better! "S-Shadow... I-I'm flattered but... I'm not in love with you... I'm sorry. I-I wish I could return your feelings... I just can't." I said, regretting my choice. But, maybe this was for the best? I watched him slowly nod his head and thought I saw a tear form in his eye. "I-I understand! You have the right to feel that way... I-I'll see you soon!" he cried and dashed off.

Now I felt terrible. "N-No Shads wait!" I cried and tried to grab him. But the next thing I knew, he had disappeared. I dropped to my knees in shock... then for some reason that I didn't understand... I just began to sob...

Blaze's P.O.V

Apparently, Silver wanted to meet me out by the lake where we met. I was wondering what was going on, he said he really needed to talk to me. This whole thing was making me feel flustered. I love seeing Silver whenever I possibly can. He's the best! Maybe one day I can live normally and retire from my royal duties. I'm scared it'll scare off Silver... or he won't want to support me through it all. Mainly I'm worried about him thinking I'd be too good for him. I don't want anyone else but him.

When I made it to the lake, I saw him near the edge of it holding something in his arms. "Silver, I made it!" I shouted to him. He turned around and he looked sort of nervous to see me but gave me a bright, nervous smile. "B-Blaze hey! It's good to see you!"  he said at last and tried to recover from the embarrassment. "Same to you! I've... I've missed you lately!"