Heartbroken and Drunk

Shadow's P.O.V

After seeing Sonic in the forest and getting rejected, I was just miserable. I went home and sobbed for an hour and a half. I fell asleep on the couch till about 5ish. Cream and Cheese came back home and found out what happened eventually. I didn't want them to see me like this so I dropped them off at Amy's for the night. After that, I went straight to a local bar. 

I took a seat closest to the drinks and the bartender noticed me right away. "What can I get ya?" he asked. "Something strong." I said, feeling myself tear up. He shrugged his shoulders then turned away to serve up my drink.

Once he was done, he slid the drink towards me and I immediately began to gulp it down. I wanted to get drunk fast to get rid of all my pain. When I was halfway through my glass, I noticed Silver walk into the bar and I signaled for him to come over. He shyly walked over and sat next to me. "So, How'd it go?" I slurred. "She rejected me. Not too surprised, but it still hit hard." he replied. "YOu and me both Silv!" I replied, hiccuping multiple times afterward. "Sonic rejected you?" he asked stunned. "YeP! But honestly, I'm oKaY with it! He needs someone special to take care oF hIm." I replied, still a little dazed. "Well, I'm going to need a drink myself. One tequila please, neat, no lime." he said to the bartender. "Gotcha." he replied.

His drink was served and he took small sips from it. "Tastes bitter but it's making me feel better already." he said and kept drinking. Right as I got another round, we watched as Knuckles came in and joined us at the front. He ordered his own thing and looked down. "DiD you GeT rEjEcTed?" I asked. I was starting to feel worse now. "Yeah... I did. I'm guessing you guys did too." he replied sadly. 

"Uh-huh. It stings more than I thought it would." Silver replied, getting another round of a drink. 

Knuckles nodded his head as a bottle of beer was pushed in his direction. As he took a sip, I thought I saw a small tear fall down his cheek. "Are You CrYing Knucks?" I asked. "S-Sort of... you looked like you've been crying too." he replied. "You've gOt that right!" I said happily, then finished off the drink I had. "You okay Silver?" he asked. "I'm alright, just... I wish things had gone a certain way." he replied and had himself a shot.

Right as we were getting deeper into our drinking, we looked back to see Espio walk into the bar and we waved to him to come over to our sides. "EsPIo! ComE oveR here!" I shouted and waved him over. He seemed a little surprised to see all of us there but he came over anyway. "How many drinks have you guys had?" he asked us.

"Enough to not feel the pain!" Silver replied, I could hear the slurs start to come out. "Oh, okay. How'd it go for you guys?" he asked us. "What do you thiNk? WE'rE in a bAR getting wasted!" I replied, laughing. "My bad... I was hoping maybe you guys got lucky. Vector rejected me almost instantly. Not that I wasn't expecting it... but it still hurts."  Espio said and began drinking along with us. "BartendEr, we need MoRe!" Knuckles shouted.  

"Are you sure about that?" he asked. "DiDn't you heRe him? WE want AnOthEr round!" I snapped. "Okay, whatever the customer wants," he said and slid more drinks our way. 

We continued to drink and lose our minds slowly with every sip we got. I kept blacking out throughout the night. We ended doing a lot more than we realized and couldn't stop ourselves from losing control of our actions. Silver, Knuckles, Espio, and I ended up leaving the bar together and walked around town. We kept stumbling, puking, and laughing over nothing. "Y-you KnoW guyssss... we should dO this more Often!" I shouted. "Yesss! Next tiMe things go downhill, let me knOw! I'll be ThErE!" Espio shouted. "Yayyy! New driNkinig Buddiesss." Knuckles cheered.

"THiiiss has been GReaT! YoU Guys are awesome!" Silver added. "Welp, do you guys wanna go back hoMe?" I asked them. "PrObaBly ShoUld. CaTch y'all!" Espio slurred and stumbled as he walked back home. "ByE!" Knuckles burped and also marched all the way back home. "SeE you aRound Silv!" I cried before heading in my own direction. "You too!" he replied and began to tremble as he walked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made it back home where I finally could lay down for a bit. When I opened up the door, I saw Rouge there sitting on my couch. "Shadow, you've made it back! I-I need to-" she said, making my head spin. "Ughhhh again?" I whined. "Are you drunk?" she asked as she helped sit down on the couch. "Ew, you smell like alcohol! Gosh, you reak! How many drinks did you have?" she snapped, waving her hand in my face. "UH... Four? Maybe sIx? I lost count after ThRee." I replied and tried to lay my head down.

"Oh Shadow, why were you drinking that much anyway!" she snapped. "W-Well Ya see RoUge, I've been heartbroken quite recently! SO I went to DRink it all away." I explained briefly. I felt her gently brush my quills back as she gave me a small hug. "We can talk in the morning, you need rest, big time." she reassured.

That's when she had me lay down on the couch and I felt myself starting to get sleepy. "Sleep tight Shadow." she said and left the room. I decided to get my sleep too.