More Investigating (Silvaze)

~ Two hours later back home ~

Cream's P.O.V

We decided after the Angel island we should hang around back here at home to see what else we could find. "Chew Chew!" Cheese said, finishing his tuna sandwich. "I know we've already been over this, but what if I'm wrong?" Cream asked. "Ugh, all I want is some chocolate!" Charmy whined. "No! We all know what'll happen if you eat that!" Tails cried. We decided to position ourselves into a tree where we could watch everything from above. 

Once we were positioned, all we could do was watch and wonder what could happen here. I picked this place because Blaze told me how she likes coming here. Now let's see why she likes coming here!

Silver's P.O.V

I will admit, spending time with her was always enjoyable. Blaze was everything I wanted and needed in life. But for some reason, I knew I couldn't have her. She was way out of my league, she probably didn't see anything in me, and besides, she liked having her independence. So there was no way I could ask her out just randomly. I'd rather keep everything to myself. It just helps to keep the bond we have already. 

"Thank you for coming with me today Silver, it means a lot." she said to me. "Hey, anytime! It's always nice to come to hang out with you. It's hard to relax in the future, so it's always nice to come here!" I said to her. We sat there under the tree, looking up at the clouds, and how they just formed weird shapes in the sky. "Doesn't that one look like a dog?" she asked, pointing to a cloud in the sky. I looked up and saw the weird shaped thing. It looked like an overgrown moose though. "Y-Yeah I do!" It was better not to start an argument. I looked around myself and saw one that looked like some weird turtle. "See that one over there?" I asked her, pointing to the one I saw. "Oh yeah! Uh, it sort of reminds me of some weird caterpillar thing."

We kept sitting there, just staring up at the sky. Suddenly, I felt her put her head on my shoulder. Heat rose in my cheeks. I loved having her by my side like this. 

"Hey, look at that one right there!" she said. I looked up at the one that she pointed at that to me it looked like a heart. "Oh yeah! It looks like a heart." I said. "Right? I saw it too!" she smiled. She suddenly hugged me tightly, nuzzling me. I wanted to say something but my mind was blank. The words couldn't escape my tongue. "B-Blaze, have you ever wondered what life would've been like if we never met?" 

Blaze's P.O.V

Life without Silver? Well... I couldn't imagine my life without him! "I'd be miserable. I wouldn't want to be here... Mainly because I'd be alone all the time." I told him. "You don't need me, Blaze. You're stronger than me!" he replied. "Yeah but... I don't want to be without you. It makes me sad to be without you." 

I felt his fingers stroke the back of my head. I loved it when he'd do that. Ever since we met, I knew there was something special about him. He defended me when I got made fun of and he was my first friend ever. But, I saw him as more than just a friend. More than just a best friend. After our battles, I grew feelings for him. I thought they'd just go away after a while but, they never really went away. I wanted to tell him but I couldn't... not with the risk of him leaving me as my best friend... or even worse... our own lives could get in the way. He wouldn't want to date someone like me anyway. I'm probably too mighty and too independent for him to like me. Oh well... I'm sure he'll find someone else.

I just made myself more comfortable next to him. He seemed to like it, so I got even cozier to him. Then my mind thought back to the heart-shaped cloud. The fact that Silver saw what I saw made me blush. I wish I could tell him the words that I felt, but, I knew I couldn't. As we sat under the tree, I heard a sneeze come out randomly. "Bless you." I said. "That wasn't me," Silver replied. Surprised, I looked around, Silver doing the same. "Oh great job Prower!" one voice went. "Not my fault Cheese put extra pepper in the sandwich!" another went. "Shhh! They're getting suspicious!" a third went. I giggled and hopped up into the tree. 

"Can I help you guys? Or are you just admiring the view from above?" I asked them. "Uh oh! We've been discovered!" Charmy shouted. "Run! Again!" Cream shouted. "Grab everything! Abort operation Silvaze!" Tails added. "Chew Choo!" Cheese said. Before I knew it, they lost their balance on the trees and fell between the branches.

Cream's P.O.V

Well, I guess we should've been more careful because we ended up getting trapped inside the tree. The cords we had for our machines and the other branches. "Oops!" I said as all three of us hung upside down from the tree and looked out. Mr. Silver looked at us and laughed a little bit at our mischief. "Hang in there Cream! I'll get you out of there!" he said and began to fly up into the tree to help us. He started to help untangle us from the many branches we got stuck in. Blaze also helped to try to get us free. 

"What in the world were you guys doing in that tree?" Blaze asked me. "Uh, weeeeee were just admiring the view from above in these trees!" I said at last. Charmy and Tails gave me a look of disbelief. "Ah, I see. Does this view include spying on us from here too?" she asked. "What! No! Like Cream said, we just wanted to view the sky from all these trees! It works too!" Tails added. "Hmm. Well, this is an interesting way to look at the sky I'll give you that. I think I've got the last branch so you should just fall right out!" Mr. Silver said. Soon we did fall down to the ground and did our best to recover from the fall.

All three of us stretched out and Cheese made sure I was still doing alright. That's when I realized we had to get out of there ASAP just so they wouldn't discover what we were really up to. "Well, thank you for getting us out. But we've got to be on our way!" Tails said. He must've been able to read my mind.

"Sure thing you guys. Try not to get stuck in a tree again! Not everyone is lucky to have friends coincidentally right underneath said tree!" Blaze told us. We smiled awkwardly before dashing off. That was a close one!