Cheer Up!

Cream's P.O.V

I yawned and woke up around 8:00, long after I had woken up towards two in the morning to give Mr. Vector that letter. Which reminded me, had he seen it? Did he wake up already, or was he still sleeping? I got up and walked out of my room to check out the living room. When I checked the couch, he was no longer there. I was so happy! That meant my plan worked! Or least, I think it did. I mean why else would he leave the house?

Oh well! I looked over and saw that there was some breakfast place add on the kitchen table. I looked at it and decided that we should call in breakfast since I know everyone here is sleepy and lazy in the morning. So after dialing the number and getting the man to get the order right after he got it wrong six times! I sat down on the couch to read a book.

That's when I heard a yawn from behind me. "Oh, hey Cream. How long have you been up?" Mr. Shadow asked, rubbing his eyes. "For a while now! Just been reading this really good book you had laying around!" I said, showing him what I was reading. He gently took it from me and looked at the cover. "Hm, Guns Illustrated?" he questioned, lifting an eye brow. "Yeah! I wanna be just as cool as you! Plus I like looking at the pictures!" I smiled, then took the book back from him to keep reading. "It's a good book. I didn't learn everything from that book, but it wasn't completely useless." he replied, then sat down next to me.

"Where's Vector? I thought he was spending the night?" Mr. Shadow asked. "Oh, he left!" I replied happily. "Really? How come?" "He went to go see Mr. Espio!"

Mr. Shadow continued to be somewhat concerned but didn't say too much about it. "I mean... as long as he can handle it. I know Espio's crash really did something to him yesterday. I know I would feel some sort of way if something like that happened to Sonic..." he sighed. A gray cloud formed over his head, which made me a little sad. 

"Do you still love him Mr. Shadow?" I asked. He sat there for a while and then nodded his head. "Y-Yes... I do... But I'll have to move on soon. I can't sulk over someone who doesn't love me forever. I'll get over him eventually. When you grow up, you'll understand it..." he sighed, a little tear falling down his face. "It'll be okay Mr. Shadow. Maybe Mr. Sonic will come around!" I replied. He shook his head and placed me on one of his legs. "That's not how it works Cream. When someone doesn't love you, they can't ever love you. Throughout that time you just gotta move forward. If you continue to pursue them, you'll only drive them further away." he explained.

He was still very sad. I scootched up closer to and squeezed him. "Don't be so sad, it'll get better. That's what you told me after my momma left for heaven. Besides, you've always got me by your side!" I told him. "Yeah, I know! I'm glad your mom let you stay with me. I've needed more support than I realized." he said.

I gave him a big smile and heard a knock at the door. "Oh! That must be our breakfast!" I cheered and got up to go answer the door. "Breakfast?" Mr. Shadow asked, confused. I opened up the door and the delivery guy was standing there.

"Hello Mister!" I greeted. "Hey kid, I've got a delivery for, Cream the rabbit?" he questioned. "That's me!" "Alright kid, here you go. Everything you ordered are in these. Just call if you need anything else. Manager said anything you want is on the house after that rant you went on about!" he explained with a smile. "Ooh really? Tell him I said thank you!" I replied, taking the bag. He dipped his hat and then walked away to get on his motorbike.

"A little help?" I pleaded as the bags began to get heavier in my hands. "Heh, you're a miracle child alright." Mr. Shadow chuckled, then takes the food packages from my hands. We set up everything on the table and only then did Tails and Charmy woke up to see we had food ready for them. "Charmy! Tails! We got food!" I greeted and ran up to hug them. "Oh, hey Cream! What's for breakfast?" Tails asked curiously. "We got pancakes, waffles, muffins, some toast, eggs, and yogurt!" I replied smiling so brightly. "Sounds delicious!" Charmy cheered.