The Next Step

Cream's P.O.V

After last night, I knew I had all my notes sorted out and our team was ready to do what we had to do. "Alright, we have everything set up, we have our confessions, and we know who likes who! They also know that we've figured it out ourselves. So now, all we have to do is get them to tell their princess or prince! Like in the movies!" I told them.

"How are we gonna get them to confess to the rest? I mean if Shadow here isn't going to do it that easily, we already know it's going to be hard for the rest!" Tails asked. "First of all fox, I plan on telling him, all I am is nervous." Mr. Shadow snapped. "He does have a point, how exactly can we get the others to talk if they're so nervous?" Charmy. "Here's what I was thinking, we could call all of the ones we confronted and meet up somewhere. Then, we help everyone get themselves together, then they confess and everyone lives happily ever after!" I told them. "Oh boy, this is gonna be interesting." Tails sighed.

~ 1 hour later, in an abandoned building ~

Knuckles' P.O.V

I approached the building that the address stated where my presence was needed. I wasn't sure what to think since this place is mainly broken and abandoned. But when I approached the door, I knew there was no turning back. I reached out to open it up, except it decided to snap off the hinges completely. "Hopefully no one will miss this." I said to myself and left the door on the floor.

Taking the first few steps inside, it seemed to be alright for the most part. Just a little creepy. "Hello?" I shouted. My voice echoed across the room but I still didn't get an answer back.

"Is anyone here?" I shouted again. Suddenly, I felt something hit the tip of my shoe. I looked down and saw it was a weird bread crumb. Another hit my shoe, then a trail of them made a trail leading into a certain direction. This was is so weird. I walked down the pathway and found out where it was going. When the trail came to an end, there was a piece of paper on the ground. I picked it up and unfolded it.

Sorry Knuckles :/ We just wanna help you!

What? I asked myself and suddenly heard a loud noise. Something had caught my ankle and it was holding me tightly. I tried punching at this weird thing but for some reason, I couldn't break whatever this thing was. I tried tugging at it but nothing was working. It seemed to be chained to the ground. "Ugh!" I growled and just sat down helplessly. "Hello? Is anyone here?" I heard in from the next room. "Hey! I'm over this way! I need help!" I shouted. "Where are you?" the voice shouted. "There's this weird trail of bread crumbs! Just follow it this way!" I shouted back. Hopefully, they could find me...

Silver's P.O.V

I wasn't sure what to think about any of this. Meeting in a sketchy place like this? But since someone is said they were done here, I might as well help them out. I was looking for this mysterious trail of bread crumbs, yet I couldn't find them. That's when I stepped on something soft. It was the bread crumb! I saw the long trail leading to some weird place and I raced off to the room and saw that Knuckles was there on the floor. "Knuckles! Are you okay?" I asked.

"Could be better, I'm stuck though." he replied, motioning to the weird clamp around his ankle. "Alright, hang on," I said. I tried prying this thing with my powers, but nothing budged. "It's not moving!" I cried. "W-What are we gonna do?" he asked. I wasn't even sure at this point.

"Just hang in there Knuckles, I'm sure we can fix this!" I cried trying to pull it by hand. "So why are you over this way?" I asked him. "I got a message saying someone needed me here. This was the address that the letter gave me so that's why I'm here. How about you?" I explained to him briefly. "I came for the same reason. Let me see that letter you got!" he demanded. Surprised, I just handed him the letter that was in my pocket. "Hang on... this looks just like..." he uttered and pulled out his own letter. "Do you think this was..." I began to ask. But then suddenly we heard something coming towards the front of the building.