Even Eggman?

Cream's P.O.V

I was so happy to walk home with the new information, a box of muffins, and just a happy mood! Nothing was going to get in my way of going home now. "Hey! You there!" I heard from behind. I looked back to see Eggman hovering above me in his weird machine. "Um, hello Mr. Eggman... did you need something?" I asked timidly. He does try to take me so I was wondering what he might be planning this time. "Seems like you're all alone this time rabbit! No heroes to save you this time huh?" he asked me. "I suppose you're right. But I'm supposed to go home right now so I'll be on my way!" I said trying to get away. "Oh no, you're not! I need you to come with me so that I can get that blasted blue hedgehog to come my way! I have a new machine to try and destroy him with!" 

"That's really mean of you Mr. Eggman! Mr. Sonic didn't do anything to you!" I snapped at him. "Yes he did! He's been a thorn in my side since the day he existed!" Mr. Eggman shouted back. "Why?" I asked. "Because he bothers me!" "Why?" "Because he just does!" "Why?" "Because he breathes the air I breathe!" "Why?"  "Are you going to keep asking the same question?" 

I quickly nodded my head knowing I was succeeding in annoying him. "Ugh! I don't understand how those other rats can actually tolerate you! You can be so annoying sometimes!" he growled. "They just love me to death! Plus I'm an adorable six-year-old rabbit! While you're a... a... 80-year-old man?" I replied. I had forgotten how old he is... "What! You think I'm a wrinkly old man!" he shouted angrily. "Welllllll- you do look and act like one!" I replied. I heard him give a huge sigh. 

"Very well! I suppose you do have a point young one..." he gruffed. "Are you lonely Mr. Eggman?" I asked, seeing a small grey cloud form over his head. "N-NO! I'm just uh- by myself a whole bunch! But that's okay! Some of us like having our own bachelors pad to ourselves!"

He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, but his pain couldn't escape me. "Would you like to join me and Mr. Shadow for dinner?" I asked. "W-What? Dinner? With you and... Shadow?" he gasped. "I mean, he probably won't care. We don't have anything better to do and I've got to go over some of the notes with him anyway! Now come on! Unless you want to continue being a lonely, grumpy old man!" I teased and continued to skip home. "La La La!" As I walked home, I could hear Mr. Eggman's weird aircraft following me slowly to my house. Finally, we made it back and I turned around to see him parking his vehicle and awkwardly walked out.

"A-Are you sure about having me over?" he asked, almost trying to squeeze out of this invitation. "Yes! Now come on, we're having pasta for dinner tonight!" I replied and took him by the hand. Happily, I trotted inside and looked around the house to take off my shoes and get settled. "Mr. Shadow, I'm home!" I shouted. "Kitchen!" he shouted and I walked over there. I skipped over there and saw that he was putting things on platters, Cheese also helping to get dinner ready.

"Chew chew!" he said. "Don't worry! I'm sure you did good Cheese!" I reassured him. I helped them grab plates and stuff to take to the table and set it down. "Mr. Eggman, come on!" I shouted. "Hold up, what?" Mr. Shadow questioned. "Don't worry Mr. Shadow, he's not here to hurt us! I invited him to dinner!" I replied. I watched them both stare at each other intensely and Mr. Eggman just waved awkwardly. "Ugh, really Cream?" he sighed and slapped his forehead. "What! Look, you were a grumpy, old, lonely hedgehog, don't let Mr. Eggman be that way too!" I cried. "Fine."

I cheered and gave him a huge hug and we sat down for dinner. We served up food and dug in. I was more than happy to be here, but I noticed Mr. Shadow and Mr. Eggman were just staring at each other with some creepy look. "Um, so, how was your day guys? Cheese?" I asked trying to end the silence. "Chew chew!" he replied. "That's good to hear! I had a pleasant time with Amy and we baked muffins. You'll each have to try one soon! How about you Mr. Shadow? How was your day?" I asked taking another bite of bread. "It's been decent... until now." he replied and  ate a fork full of spaghetti. "O-ok! That's good to hear! How about you Mr. Eggman? Have you been up to much?" I asked him. "No... not really. It's been modest enough but, lately, I've had my off days." he replied taking a sip of water. "That's sad to hear. Is there something that's bothering you?" I asked.