Rings

~ 2 1/2 years later ~

Cream's P.O.V

Everyone has been dating for a while now. Every moment has been so adorable!

My plan had worked after all! I enjoyed every moment with Mr. Shadow and Mr. Sonic ever since they became a couple! Tails even hung out more since he stayed with Mr. Sonic most of the time. We all ended up staying in one house. All the rest of our friends were happy with each other, knowing they could be at peace. I was wondering if this how things were going to be from now on. Not that I'm complaining! But either way! 

Today, it was Me, Cheese, Tails, Charmy playing around in the backyard. "I just remembered! There's going to be that firefly thing happening tonight! It's going to be so cool!" Charmy said. "I know I'm excited! I can't wait to see all the different colors!" I replied. "Chew chew!" Cheese chimed.

"Is Shadow willing to come with us?" Tails asked. "I think so! He said he was excited to see them too!" I replied happily. We sat there giggling and playing games together. After a while, Mr. Shadow came outside to see us and he seemed happy about something. "Hey, guys." he smiled and sat down next to us. "Hi Mr. Shadow! What are you doing?" I asked. "Well, that's why I'm here right now." he replied. We were confused but he was mostly talking to Tails. "As you all know, me and Sonic have been dating for a long time now. He's the most wonderful thing in my life. But, we haven't made anything official," he began. 

"Tails, I know he's your big brother, so I wanted to ask you for your permission. But he's the most important thing in my life along with Cream and Cheese. So, I hope it's okay if I ask him to marry me." he explained, pulling out a box and opening it, showing a beautiful ring with bright blue sapphires stuck in the middle. All three of us gasped at how wonderful it looked and that he was going to do this! "Yes! You can go ahead!" Tails replied happily. "Thank you." he sighed and put the ring box in his pocket. We smiled and then saw Mr. Vector coming up. "Vector!" Charmy cheered, flying up to him.

"Hey! It's nice to see you too!" he smiled. "Oh, Shadow! I needed your opinion on something," he said. "Oh yeah? What is it?" Mr. Shadow asked. "How do you think this one looks?" Mr. Vector handed him a small ring box and Mr. Shadow was careful opening it up and we all peaked at the beautiful ring. "Nice! Alexandrite stone correct?" Mr. Shadow replied, handing it back. "Yeah, I was trying to find something simple, but I love it and I know he will too." Mr. Vector sighed. "He'll be more than happy." Mr. Shadow reassured.

"So are you both proposing?" Tails asked. "Well I had planned to, but I had no idea Shadow finally stopped playing chicken!" Mr. Vector replied, gently elbowing Mr. Shadow. "Shut up! I was going to soon!" he growled back. I covered my mouth to hide a giggle and that's when we heard Sally coming to the house. "So you guys are finally popping the q?" she asked us. "I suppose so, I wasn't sure when the right time would be." Mr. Shadow said. "I'm nervous at least, what do I even do?" Mr. Vector frantically asked. "You gotta ring?" She pulled out her own ring box with a pretty ring with a pink diamond. "Oooh! I like it a lot Ms. Sally!" I gasped. "Thanks, I'm praying I made the right choice." she sighed.

Mr. Shadow and Mr. Vector showed off the ones they had for Mr. Sonic and Mr. Vector which put a smile on her face. "Not bad taste!" she said. "So you guys got rings too?" We turned around to see Mr. Silver flying towards us. "*gasp* Future boy!" Sally gasped and ran up before tackling him. "Woah! Watch the quills other princess!" he joked, ruffling her hair. "Lemme see! Lemme see!" she begged. "Alright! It's nothing crazy, but," he replied and I walked up to see a pretty Tiger-red diamond in the ring. "Eeeek! She's going to love it!" Sally cheered as she was jumping up and down in her spot. "Not bad Silv. Who knew you had good taste." Mr. Shadow commented.

Right after everyone settled down, we saw Mr. Knuckles walk up. "Mr. Knuckles, Mr. Knuckles! Did you buy Ms. Rouge a ring?" I asked as I raced up to him. He seemed taken off guard and looked over at the others. "We've been showing off the rings we were going to use for the day we ask all our special someone's to marry us." Mr. Shadow explained to him.

"Oh really now? I was wondering if I was the only one who bought a ring in advance." he replied and pulled a ring box from his jacket pocket. "I thought this one was perfect since she's always after the Master Emerald!" he told us and opened up the lid where we saw a diamond that was a beautiful shade of green. "Wow! It's so cool Mr. Knuckles! She's going to love it when you give it to her!" I praised. "Yeah, I know! That's why I bought it. But, I'm not sure how to ask her. You guys got any ideas?" he asked looking over at the rest of them.

I watched all of them look away or shake their heads. Maybe they were just shy about everything? No matter the reason, I just wanted to help!

"Tails, what time are the fireflies supposed to come out tonight?" I asked him. "Uh, I believe they're coming out about 7:00 tonight. Why?" he replied. I had an idea and I knew it was going to take a little bit of time. I would help these two wouldn't be chickens though. "I need all of you to put your big boy pants- er in Ms. Sally's case, powerful boots, and not be a chicken for one night!" I told them. "Chew Chew!" Cheese cheered, already reading my mind about the plan hatching in my brain.

All of them looked super confused but everything would come soon. "Are you hatching a plan Cream?" Charmy asked me. I gave him and Tails the biggest smile I ever could. "Operation; Pop the Question is a go!"