The Reason

Tails' P.O.V

I was at my house, trying to make inventions, and wondering what else I can do. But all I could think about was Charmy for about an hour. I know I'm only eight, but at the same time, it felt right. But back to focus! I had to be very careful about how I do this. I could mess up the whole experiment. I started to lower the battery into the container and was ready to deal with anything that came my way.

Everything was going as I planned. The battery was almost in place. "*Knock Knock* Tails? *Knock Knock* Are you home?" a voice asked, startling me terribly. The battery flew up in the air and I quickly caught it before it fell on the ground. When I approached the door, I saw Amy, Sally, Blaze, Silver, Knuckles, and Rouge by the door. "Uh, hello! Is there something I can help you guys with something?"

"Hey Tails! We're sorry to disturb you, but we needed to know about something that you may or may not know." Knuckles explained.

I suppose maybe I did have the answers! "Uh okay! Sure! What is it?" I asked them. "We were wondering if you knew about a plan to get all of us together? Knuckles and Silver said they part of the plan, but that was only because you had the idea." Blaze questioned. "Me? I didn't plan anything! It was all Cream's idea! She wanted to see you guys happy! You guys could try to ask Charmy though, he might have more answers!" I explained. "Okay! Thanks hun!" Rouge said and they walked off.

Now maybe I could finally finish my experiment!

Charmy's P.O.V

I had my markers and crayons out laid before me so I could draw a picture of Espio and Vector hugging since I saw them doing so the other night. Right before I could finish it up, I heard the back door open and saw Shadow, Sonic, Espio, and Vector walk into the foyer. "Hey Charm!" Vector greeted coming close to my side. "Hi!" I greeted as I hugged him. "Whatcha drawing there?" he asked. I gladly gave him the drawing and watched his face turn red as a tomato. "Um, well, it's very well drawn!" he said, giving it back to me. The others were snickering but they stopped once Vector gave them a look. 

"Anyways, we really came to ask you something important." he explained. "Okie doke! What's super-duper important?" I asked, my wings buzzing with excitement. "So, Charmy, is there something you did with Cream and Tails to bring us all together? We've heard you were involved making up all the ideas." Espio asked. Haha! They can be funny sometimes! 

"Pft! I didn't come up with any of it! It was all planned out by Cream! She knew you guys were in love so she wanted to bring you guys together. I only helped because I wanted to see Espio and Vector happy again!" I replied, my wings lightly buzzing.

Their faces were still shocked but they knew what they had to do. "Thank you Charmy. We'll get back to you soon!" Espio responded and patted my head. "You're welcome!" I smiled. They headed out the door to head off to wherever they were going and shut the door. Now to work on my next drawing! Me and Tails!

Shadow's P.O.V

We finally figured out everything and meet back up at our location. "So, I'm guessing you guys got told the same thing?" Amy guessed. "Yep, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting any other answer." Shadow replied. "You knew along?" Sonic questioned. "Well, yeah. I helped them for the most part. But I didn't know that it was her necklace doing all the work. But... half of me thinks she wouldn't have needed that necklace to see our emotions eventually." I said. "Well, where is she? I mean it'd be nice to know why she went to all these lengths! I mean for Tails, Charmy, and Cheese I can get! But everyone else? I can't understand why we were her main priority... when she lost her mother..." Amy wondered.

I thought for a minute but then I thought back to all those times she would do all those silly things to make me laugh. When I was down. When I felt broken. When I felt lost and worthless. I realized that they were for a reason. "Happiness." I said aloud. "She did... to see us happy." I replied. "I'll meet you back home. I've gotta go pick her up." I told Sonic, kissing his forehead. "Alright, I'll see you in a bit." he sighed, smiling at me. I told everyone else goodbye before running off.