A Dinner "Date" (Sonadow)

Shadow's P.O.V 

It's been a while since Cream went out on an adventure with her friends. I was surprised she wanted to get out so early. But I was happy to let her out around the lands to try to do her own thing. After all, I couldn't keep her in my view forever. 

That's when I heard a knock on the door. When I answered it, I saw Cream, Tails, and of everyone out there, Faker. "Oh, Cream, you're back. I was wondering where you went." I said when she ran up to hug me. "We had a fun adventure! Me, Tails, Cheese, and Charmy! Then we ran into Mr. Sonic and I asked them to come over for dinner!" she explained. Sonic ruffled his back quills a little embarrassed but he looked happy to be here. "I said it'd be alright with you since you don't do anything just like him!" she added. "We brought dinner too!" Faker said holding two pizza boxes. 

I guess I didn't have much of a choice anymore. Hopefully, he didn't give me too many problems. "Alright, well, come in I guess." I said and they all happily came into the house. We pulled out plates and divided the pizza up for the little guys and then the rest of us. Quickly they scarfed down the food. I loved seeing them happy, all giggly, and just loving. I saw how Sonic interacted with both of them and was happy to play with them. He was always good with kids. It might my heart flutter just thinking about him. But of course, I would never tell him how I feel. Oh well, as long as she's happy. 

Tails' P.O.V

While me and Cream were munching on our dinner, I realized Shadow was acting sort of odd. That's when it crossed my mind that we never investigated if he himself was in love with anyone. It's unlikely they could like each other like this. But it wouldn't hurt to find out right? Once I finished my last slice I looked over to her and flicked my tail to get her attention. "Cream, should we go outside and find some cool flowers for a centerpiece?" I asked. 

"Sure! That sounds wonderful!" she replied. We got up from the table while putting our plates in the sink. "W-Wait, don't want someone to come with you guys?" Sonic stuttered as we headed to the door.

"No, we'll be fine Mr. Sonic! You and Mr. Shadow can have fun together and we'll be right back with some beautiful flowers! Be kind to each other!" Cream told them and we walked out the door. I was pleased we could get out the door without any more trouble. I was only hoping that nothing bad would happen while we were spying from a secret place. "I thought we could go to the park not too far from here! They've got some pretty flowers!" Cream said. "What! No! Cream, we're going to investigate them! I just needed an alibi to get us out of the house!" I explained to her. "Oh, more spying?" she asked excitedly. "Yep! I've got my machines and we can spy from outside the window!" 

She gave a small squeal and we walked over to an open window. "Alright, we can just spy from here and we'll be able to hear them better with a chip I left in the house when we walked in! Now let's be sure we can see from this window!" I told her. We moved around until we found a spot where we could see them well enough. "Alright, now we just watch and learn!" 

Sonic's P.O.V

I can't believe they just left us like that. Now I'm here stuck with Faker! I don't know what to say to him! "So... they just walked up to your house?" Crap. I was hoping he wouldn't even talk to me. "Sort of, they were playing in the area and they saved me." "Really? Who'd they save you from?" "Amy." "The annoying pink hedgehog? I thought you would've been excited to see her!" he snarled.

"Ha! You wish. I don't like her like that. She won't stop hitting on me though." I replied. "You mean you don't like her at all?" "Not romantically. She can't take the hint though. But I wonder if I do like someone else." Things got quiet again and I was hoping that maybe Tails and Cream would come back any minute now. But knowing them, I knew my chances were slim. "Thanks for walking Cream back here. I wanted to pick her up earlier today but I knew she was running off having fun. I don't want to take that energy away. But then again, I don't want to lose her. Losing her means I'd be breaking my promise to Vanilla." Shadow said calmly, his hands wouldn't stop fidgeting with his rings. "No worries. I know how much she means to you. It must feel different taking care of someone who feels like a little sister to you!" I reassured.