The Honest Truth

Amy's P.O.V

My rosebush was coming along great. They're buds right now but, before I know it, they'll all bloom into beautiful flowers. While I was thinking about all of this, Sonic soon entered my mind. That wonderful blue hedgehog! I just wish sometimes he wouldn't avoid me or try to brush me off whenever I come. But there was nothing I could do about it anyway... he'd probably never understand how I feel. I'd just have to come to peace with it. It's still hard to deal with it.

As I watered them another time, I heard a buzz in my pocket. I fumbled through my dress pocket looking for my phone until I finally got it out. I got a text from a good friend of mine... Sally. We've been best friends since we were infants! 

She had to move a while back for something that was going on between her family members and her kingdom. I was surprised to hear from her again.

Sally: Hey Amy! How's it been?

Amy: It's been alright!

Sally: It's good to talk again. Things up here have been pretty crazy.

Amy: Oh yeah? I believe. Things do happen to get crazy over there!

Sally: Well, I came to tell you that I'm coming back to town again!

Amy: Really?! OMG!!! That's awesome! When are you going to be here??

Sally: I think tonight when it's past midnight! I'll know for sure in an hour! 

Amy: I'm excited! I can't wait!!

Sally: I'll talk to you soon! Still gotta get ready! Love ya bestie!

Amy: Okk!!! Byyyeee!

I was so excited! Everything else that was happening left my mind. I was so excited to see her again since it had been forever since I've seen her! I realized she might need a place to stay. More ideas started popping into my head. I could set up a room in my house and she could stay here with me! It'd be just like old times! It'll be so nice! Like I have someone in my life who cares about me so much again... 

Woah. What was that all about? Sally was coming and that's it! Even if she did mean everything to me, as a friend, I don't know what that feeling was. I sighed deeply and went inside my house to sort out some things for her to stay. I worked on the guest bedroom to try and make it more presentable for her. 

I wonder what else might go on while she's here. Maybe she'll actually stay this time and not actually leave for another 3 years. But then again, she's unpredictable. Sally is someone very special to me and I... I've liked her more than Sonic. Even though I met them both at the same time, it felt like maybe we've had a better connection. Does this mean I have a crush on Sally too? I'm so confused. I wish I could decide but... 

"Hey Amy!" I snapped out of my thoughts, dropping my phone in surprise, and turned around to see Cream. "Oh! You scared me Cream!" I giggled and reached down to hug her. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" she replied and hugged me back. "I just wanted to come and see you!" she added. "Aw! It's always nice to see you! Shadow's fine with you being here right?" I asked since I knew Shadow was going to be protective of her. "Yep! I told him I'd be here for a little bit!" she replied and her smile just got brighter. Half of me was still worried for her because she seemed to get over her mom pretty fast. Although, Cream is known for always being cheery even if something sad or bad has happened. "How's the rosebush we were working on?" she asked me at last. "Oh! It's actually coming along great! Come look at it!" 

She skipped over to my bush happily and saw the early buds that were sprouting. "It's so pretty Amy!" she squealed and helped me to water them a little bit more. "Thanks! I was able to focus more on it this week!"I replied. After checking it out, she headed inside where she helped me to bake muffins. "I'm glad you don't mind me coming over!" she told me as we put them in the oven. "You're always welcome over here Cream! I like it when you come over too!" I said as I set the timer.

Once we sat down on the couch to watch tv, Cream looked up to me. "Amy, can I ask you something?" she questioned. "Sure! Go ahead Cream!" I replied. "Do you like anyone?" she asked me. "Uh- I'm not sure! W-Why do you ask?" "Because you seem to really like Mr. Sonic a whole bunch!" she said, giving me the biggest smile ever. "It's not that I don't like him or anything but... something tells me I think I like someone else..." I replied. Truth be told, I think I liked Sally... more than anything! But even I'm not sure. "Are you confused?" Cream finally asked me. "I guess you could say that. Sonic's sweet and everything, I like him a whole bunch... but there's this really good friend of mine who I've known forever. I think maybe I have something for her... but to be honest... my heart and my head can't be set straight." I explained.

But I wasn't positive about anything since there were many things that even I wasn't sure of. "I'm sure you can figure it out! Anyone would be lucky to have someone like you!" Cream reassured. She always knew what to say. Just like her mother! "Aw! Thanks, Cream! It means a lot that you'd say that!" I smiled and squeezed her. Right then the kitchen timer went off and I got up to pull it out of the oven. "Yay! It's ready!" I heard her cheer. I smiled happily and moved the muffins to a plate so they could cool.

They cooled down and we both had some with a large glass of milk. I was glad to make her happy when I could! Cream was a strong kid considering everything she went through. Hopefully, there was more I could do on my own. "Oh! I didn't even realize what time it was. Mr. Shadow wants me home about now!" she cried looking at my clock. "I won't keep you then! Here, take some of these with you! I'm sure Shadow might enjoy the fact that you made them!"

Quickly, I put the muffins in a box and handed it to her. "Thank you! I'll talk to you soon!" she thanked me and walked out my door. "Bye!" I shouted as she walked away. I smiled softly to myself. I always thought she was something special. I don't think our friends would be the same without her there.