25

The ding of the elevator triggered the work mode on Ariana who straightened her posture exiting the cage and walked energetically out of it soon surrounded by her staff.

Ian Marquez Being one of them like always he was well clothes, picking him to work with her was a good choice, he was like another side of her head but not the must efficient one that was Ameril in all her glory.

She had this ability to do things before Ariana could even think about them, Ian was most likely the rational side of her like when she wanted something and he will be doing it as perfect as she would have done it herself.

Ameril did the same but she didn't wait that to be tell to do so.
Taking a big breathe before they all started talking Salton looked at her phone impatiently then met Ian eyes.

"Good morning ma'am. We have a tick day today. There's this meeting with the branch of Salton that's in Hong Kong they're been trying to talk with you about some stuff that they said you always have a say in, I scheduled them at ten but.."

Walking towards her office he continues talking but Ariana head was totally in a fog, looking again at her phone she sighed internally, maybe they forgot to send her theirs morning greetings, that was what give her the strength all the days, she totally lived because of that small words that meant everything to her.

"Madam Salton your daughter is in your office, she said it was important I couldn't force her to stay out...she, she said..."

"It's okay dear, you did well."

An hyperventilated Jeanette Balot completely released a breath she was holding, causing a small smile to grace her boss lips, one thing she has witnessed is the way her boss change in the course of the years sometimes she'll be very happy and it is all good but then when she's in a bad mood before it was terrific but thanks to whomever did that she now seems to not make the life of her employees difficult.

One time Janette completely pee on her because of her boss stance. No wonder she's still bracing herself whenever she had something not good to tell her.

Entering her office, Ariana spotted her daughter near the big glass that covered what should have been the wall in her office allowing the sun light in the room.

Like always she wore her casual business black suit, tuxedo like. When she heard the noise she turned around greetings her mother with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes anymore.

" Hey Mom."

"Hey baby, what will you be doing in here when I know you certainly have an hectic life style?" Kissing her in a side hug Ariana rounded her desk then sat on her chair not without glancing on her phone.

"Oh! Am I not allowed to visit my mother now, I stopped by to see how you do."

Surprised, Arianna froze a moment to take a good look at Maurean, her face was everything but serious, she actually meant what she said.

"I'm doing good princess. Apart of life everything is okay."

Another glance at her phone, followed by a frown worry her  daughter.

"You're waiting for someone to reach you ?"

"What? No, it is nothing!"

Dismissively Ariana started shuffling with her computer now and then her gaze will be on her phone wondering what made her grandchildren forget to send their usual text message.

She haven't see them for a week now since she was in London but they never forgot.

Maurean seating in front of her mother could clearly see that the woman even if doing as she was busy clearly had thing in her mind, she misses the way their relationship was before all of this it was like nothing has effect on her she lived only for whatever she lived but the right reasons.