16

When they entered the building it was like time froze, securities guards held the way opened for them since there were a security post at the entry.

the people who was there stood still for a moment, then they all quickly disappeared behind closes doors, while all the receptionists stood up behind the long marble counter, which separate them from the visitors.

Without a word one of the security guard Ameril knew from the house walked their way handing something to Ariana, then walked away without a word. It was like they were all afraid of her.

All of them never looked her in the eyes like she was a sort of zombie, Ameril noticed sadly.
Glancing at her she noticed Ariana used what the guard gave her to opened what seems to be a private elevator in the middle of the lobby.

"Hey!" Ameril tentatively called the woman who was really deep in thought. She didn't reacted directly as she didn't heard, then turned her face to look at her when the word reached her brain.

"Hey, sorry I was out. What is it?"

The business like tone of voice she used was like a cold waters being thrown to Ameril reminding her who she was. A sorry smile on, Ameril shrugged it off, seeing that Ariana turned her gaze back in front her like nothing happened, thinking she just forgot what to said, her mind was too preoccupied by others matter to think about it.

Not knowing what to look at , Ameril went on pilot mode, just like she used to do all those years, she let the gates opened for her after having it close for so many years it hurts to be left down by another person who she cared about.

Pushing back tears she clenched her jaws tight breathing in and out as she always do she knew it will certainly not be the last person who does that.

As they exited the elevator, Ariana was immediately accosted by five people who started talking by turn in which she validated or not, it was like to see an army troop walking, they never stopped speaking even if someone else had her attention only if she said so.

Aware of people stares on her, Ameril ignored them all still on her automatic mode which allows her to be in and out of her head were questions ran wildly not letting her breath.

"What if it was just an act to have her taking care of her children then nothing?" She couldn't stopped herself to think, she would have done it gracefully because she love kids like she did with O'Casey child.

"Why will she acted like we are friends a moment then another turned this cold?"

"Mrs O'Casey said she took care of the interns. The new campaign is around the corner but no model work with her. She said you will understand."

" Tell her to try harder." Was all she said as they arrived in front of a door that said CEO with her name below that she opened just by placing her right hand on the space provided, they all entered the woman still talking.

"... they're waiting in the conference room, I'll tell them you'll be there in five."

Scribbling something on a paper that she pinned on her computer screen Ariana just hummed dismissively taking the hint she left them in a weird silence that Ariana broke when she remembered that she wasn't alone.

"You will be working here with me out of the time or if you want you can occupy the office near mine, Jeanette office is the first we passed when we rounded the corner, the second is Corbin's."

A smile on she looked at Ameril then started gathering things here and there it seemed like she actually didn't care.

"I'll take the office, I don't want to walk on your toes in her."